PDA

View Full Version : Outboard Patches

David Pergande
12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Found this cleaning out the garage!, I guess this would go under outboard history.....if anybody wants them, let me know....thanks, Dave

largecar91
12-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I would love to have them. e mail me at largecar91@yahoo.com.

Master Oil Racing Team
12-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for finding a them a home instead of just tossing them.:cool:

Mark75H
12-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I think this could be an interesting thread by itself. I have collected a few patches myself and a bunch of images of patches I've seen on eBay and didn't buy.

Here are 2 that I am going to have the local taylor sew onto my cut suit this winter

Mark75H
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Here's one I wish I had:

(if anyone has one of these to spare, I'd really appreciate it)

Ron Hill
12-29-2006, 08:57 PM
David, are you still in California??? Where is your OLD MAN??? He didn't "CROOK" did he???

Original Looper 1
12-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I know the ears are a little big, but being that they are Loopers, the ears need to be big to overcome the Looper sounds. What parent couldn't love a face like this? :p

Happy New Year to Everyone,

Paul Christner
Quincy Welding & Quincy Racing

(Note: This picture is for your enjoyment and cannot be copied or tranferred to another web site without written permission.)

mercmack
12-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Some Times These Go For High Prices On E-bay..
I Am Going To Sell Some Of My Extra Merc And Omc School Patches .
Got 50 Years Of Them..but Truly Enjoyed Going To Merc/chrysler/force/omc Schools..if Noting Else Just To See Old Buddies And Now Days It Would Be "old" Buddies..:d :)

John Schubert T*A*R*T
12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I know the ears are a little big, but being that they are Loopers, the ears need to be big to overcome the Looper sounds. What parent couldn't love a face like this? :p

Happy New Year to Everyone,

Paul Christner
Quincy Welding & Quincy Racing

(Note: This picture is for your enjoyment and cannot be copied or tranferred to another web site without written permission.)

Paul,

As you would expect, I have one of those Looper patches on my vintage Sid-Craft jacket that I wear to AOMCI meets.

Mark75H
12-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I think Ron has one of these:

Master Oil Racing Team
12-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I think Ron got his the year before I got mine. That is the one that goes on the back of a very nice racing windbreaker---about 8 inch diameter.

This one is the one that goes on the left pocket of a navy blue blazer. Great for awards banquets and conventions. They also gave us some stickers. All high quality awards.

David Pergande
01-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Ron,

I am now in Houston, trying to convince my Mom & Dad to move from Pensacola, Fl. closer so they can take care of my kids (don't tell them that though!). Here is a recent pic with me and my Dad (Wil Pergande) at the Texas Motor Speedway this past fall.....Greg Bifle was honored to have a picture with us...hahaha! Saw Steve Desouza breifly there as well.

We are into go-kart racing, will post some pics in another section....Also, I have some old photos of him in his stock outboard days I will post as well. My Dad did retire 1/1/06, but has been consulting ever since.

Thanks,
David

Master Oil Racing Team
01-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Here is a pic of your Dad at Kaukauna 1976 just as he was heading out on a run that would bring him a new D Mod Hydro record.

He probably doesn't remember me, but my Dad & I always had a great time visiting with him at the annual conventions.

racnbns
01-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Ron,

I am now in Houston, trying to convince my Mom & Dad to move from Pensacola, Fl. closer so they can take care of my kids (don't tell them that though!). Here is a recent pic with me and my Dad (Wil Pergande) at the Texas Motor Speedway this past fall.....Greg Bifle was honored to have a picture with us...hahaha! Saw Steve Desouza breifly there as well.

We are into go-kart racing, will post some pics in another section....Also, I have some old photos of him in his stock outboard days I will post as well. My Dad did retire 1/1/06, but has been consulting ever since.

Thanks,
David

Hi David --
I used to race with your dad when I started racing in1967. He ran the stock classes plus the "Classic" , a run what ya brung class. He always ran REAL well. At the time he moved out of the midwest he was runing a E mod for a guy named Don Fletch. He mentioned me as a driver and I ran Don's boat for a couple of years. I've always appreciated that recommendation. Glad to hear dad's retired and looks like he's enjoying life.

Bruce

Tim Chance
01-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I had two of these patches. One is gone. Gone to wherever the Quincy lifejacket it was attached to went. This one is still new. It has never been attached to anything.

Original Looper 1
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Tim,

That is the nicest original Merc Quincy patch I've seen since they were brand new in the 60's. How did you ever preserve it so well?

For those of you out there that don't have a nice original like Tim's, Artie Neadeck of Quincy had copies made of the original for the 2003 memorial meet at Quincy honoring my father. I think, and Artie would have to verify this, that the recreated patches were made by the same company that made the originals in the 1960s, and they were made on the same machine as used back then. Wow!

Try contacting Artie at nneadeck@adams.net. It is my understanding that he may also have some of the recreated 1960's Quincy Flathead t-shirts that were also done in Quincy.

thanks,
Paul Christner

Tomtall
01-03-2007, 03:58 PM
A couple from the early 1990's. In a choice of blue or red.:cool:

swamppanther
01-27-2007, 09:56 AM
The Evinrude Strangler patches are very nice and I would say rarer than the
motor ,I did find a Johnson Stinger patch that is the larger one,on ebay a couple years ago,I haven't seen one since.

Bill Gohr
02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I only have one.......

Detroit Whitey
02-06-2007, 10:04 AM
i have the stinger patch with the scorpin on it is this anything special? i have some others i`ll look at them when i get home think i have a gt115 patch too i got a box of patches i`ll try and post some

Mark75H
02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, Eric that is a pretty rare and special one. Scan them and post them when you get a chance ... pretty cool! :) :) :)

Master Oil Racing Team
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
here are a few

Tomtall
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Some vintage stuff. cool:

Ron Hill
02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Ted May and I drove together...

Ron Hill
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I think this was from 1964, Gulf Oil Company Hall of Fame...

Tomtall
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Some more from the past.:cool: