PDA

View Full Version : Team Evinrude

Ron Hill
01-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Therre is a Team Johnson place mat, too...These were in all the restaurants in Lake Havasu City, November, 1972...

B VALACHOVIC
01-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Team Evinrude boat. This is a 1977 Molonari. Evinrude used Molonari boats in the mid 1970s till 1985. If you ever had one apart they were made as fine furniture would be.

Miss BK
02-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Massimo sent this to me - I'm not sure where it was published:

J.Lyder von Tangen
06-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Team Evinrude boat. This is a 1977 Molonari. Evinrude used Molonari boats in the mid 1970s till 1985. If you ever had one apart they were made as fine furniture would be.

Mercury factory rig (europe) -74 mod Molinari, originally with straight
covling, this one with low cowling (from -75), I raced it in class ON
1976 and 1977.

mintominto
06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Mercury factory rig (europe) -74 mod Molinari, originally with straight
covling, this one with low cowling (from -75), I raced it in class ON
1976 and 1977.
Here's an old Merc poster featuring Renato himself in that same low cowl design. He must have switched back to Evinrude just after this poster was produced.

J.Lyder von Tangen
06-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Here's an old Merc poster featuring Renato himself in that same low cowl design. He must have switched back to Evinrude just after this poster was produced.

Great picture of Renato Molinari !
To be honest I cannot recall what happened with Renato regarding OMC factory when he switched, I know Cees van der Velden who also was Merc factory driver manufacured and raced his own build and designed Velden (made by plywoood Hechthout van Bruynzel) from -75 powered by Johnson V6. Johnson and Evinrude appeared on different boats like Burgess, Cougar etc.

mintominto
06-23-2005, 04:36 AM
Great picture of Renato Molinari !
To be honest I cannot recall what happened with Renato regarding OMC factory when he switched, I know Cees van der Velden who also was Merc factory driver manufacured and raced his own build and designed Velden (made by plywoood Hechthout van Bruynzel) from -75 powered by Johnson V6. Johnson and Evinrude appeared on different boats like Burgess, Cougar etc.At the bottom of the 1976 Molinari picture I posted you will see Bob Hering. The following year both Molinari & Hering ran these Saffa boats with Molinari (2) using an Evinrude V6 and Hering (3) a Johnson V6.

J.Lyder von Tangen
06-23-2005, 05:18 AM
Thanks Rod, remember now !
Have forgotten a lot since I stopped racing, these forums bring back a lot of memories ! You guy's must really have been around, I am really impressed!!
I wonder how many rackmeters Bob (Valachovic) has gathered with info and photo's. Thank you to all members !!
Lyder

Smokin' Joe
01-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Here's the placemat from 1977.

Therre is a Team Johnson place mat, too...These were in all the restaurants in Lake Havasu City, November, 1972...

Master Oil Racing Team
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow....you must be snowed in Joe. You're really reaching back into the archives. It's good to reread all that stuff. Dig up some interesting things while you're over there.

Smokin' Joe
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Snowed in, bored with skiing (wishing for water!), finished rebuilding the 1980 Johnson 35 in the cellar, nothing to do but read BRFF! Got a 1978 Evinrude 25/35 to rebuild, but have to wait for Hans (18), he's supposed to have the pleasure of rebuilding that one, and he's covered up preparing for the exit exam from 'Gymnasium' in May!

Wow....you must be snowed in Joe. You're really reaching back into the archives. It's good to reread all that stuff. Dig up some interesting things while you're over there.