PDA

View Full Version : Jim Buckhorn....

Ron Hill
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll write what I know about Jim later...this is just a little "TEASE"....No time, today...

This is Carlsbad, Joe Flowers is riding, Jim is driving..

Ron Hill
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Jim Buckhorn tells me this is Della's boat. Ray Leager's (Power Cat inventor) sister-in-law. I guess she was quite a driver. This is a twin McCullough Power Cat. Bob McCullough owned these motors...and is rumored to have started this race with a cooler, when he sopped for a "REAL" pit stop....This picture is Jim Buckhorn at the wheel....Anyone but me, remember where there were trees all over Lake Havasu??? There was road down the middle of the lake (It was a real road before Havasu became a lake), but if you could get lined up with the road (During the old 115 mile Needles Marathon), the road was straight to the dam...If you couldn't find the road, you'd be dodging trees and fishermen all day!!!!

These two pictures were taken by Leo Wildman... That picture I posted of Ted May and myself, getting ready to go to Paris, 1967 ot '68, was taken by Leo, too. He lived in Garden Grove and took some great pictures over the years...

Ron Hill
02-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Bert Watts and Jim Buckhorn won the Outboard Division at the Salton Sea 500...

Seems this maybe the second 500 as I thought I saw where Jim finished sixth outboard at the first 500.

Ron Hill
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Here is Jim Buckhorn driving a twin engine Power Cat, 1966 or 1967...

Ron Hill
02-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Jim Buckhorn wins RM at Lake Casitas...

Ron Hill
02-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure where all these are from... But all have Jim Buckhorn driving...

Except the picture of the Tri Hull. Jim says this was Dora's boat...Ray Leager's sister-in-law who was a racer....This maybe be the first Tri Hull built. Anyone know for sure??? It wouldn't be called a Power Cat, because is Cat is "TWO" isn't it?