PDA

View Full Version : Todays History Lesson

crackerboat
02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Attached is a scan of page 10 from April, 1956 Boat Sport. Larry Rogers was a driver for The Champion Hot Rod Co. The shot of him in the little Morfew is the only one I have with him in the boat. I sure would like to have a better photo of him in that boat since I have the "G5" runabout in the rack, with original Hot Rod fuel tank. The boat is 9 feet long doesn't weigh squat and has one step about amidships. For its age it is in good condition. I bet that was a helluva ride with a mod Hot Rod. See photos.

My 6N-HR in the photo attached is the right year but I doubt if it's the same one in the magazine. But then maybe it is. If you believe that it is------ then I have a Yellow Jacket that belonged to Roy Rogers that I would like to sell.

Tim Chance
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I was friends with Larry Rogers, raced against Larry Rogers (one of my first races was one of Larry's last), and as a matter of fact, disqualified by Larry Rogers when he was Midwest Power Boat ***'n referee. I'm sure I have a photo of him somewhere. e-mail me at timchanceracing@yahoo.com and I will file your address away and If I can locate a photo I will send it to you.