PDA

View Full Version : Ted Miller: All Seasons Marine

Ron Hill
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I took the Blue Angel to meet Dwayne Ivey in Masquite, Nevada, then headed for Needles....Last Friday, March 16, 2007...

Seems I was a head of schedule, becasue I didn't go clear to St. George, Utah, so I decided to stopp and see Ted Mill and his two sons at All Seasons Marine, in Boulder City, Nevada...

Mike was in the hospital. The had thyroid cancer 14 years ago (malignant) and they had found a small growth on his thryoid...Ted tells me the surgery went well and Mike should be fine...I hope so..

Ted has been in Boulder 30 years now. I works with his two sons daily...what a lucky man!!!!

He's got a nice business...and some cool out RACE STUFF...

He has two 45 SS motors...one is serial number 2. He has a Evinrude GT, he bought from me in 1967...I won this motor in the Chicago to Milwaukee to Chicago Marathon...Ted has had it for fourty years....

He also owns the Schultz that Mike Wallace and I drove in Paris France, 1971 (It is under the blue cover...Had has a couple of old Gran Prixs that raced before we had removeable pickle forks...They still have the 30 Evinrude they used to win the Parker Mini Enduro...

Maybe, they'll run something at Parker this year at The Blue Water Resort and Casnio 300 Enduro...

You Tri Hull Racers, need to call Ted, HE KNOWS those old V-4 motors...

ADD: That's MIke in the yellow Eliminator...

Miss BK
03-19-2007, 08:46 AM
That's cool, Ron!

The Millers don't know it, but they played a hand in me meeting my husband. They purchased a boat called a Tom Cat back in 1987 - I'd never seen one before. When we raced against each other in Big Bear, that Tom Cat just flew by me, and went over the rough water so nice....and I decided to find more about these boats...and soon, I was ordering one. (and over the next few years got to know the builder a little better. ;)

My sister lives not far from Boulder City (Bullhead), and she also got thyroid cancer 15 years ago; a result of the Nuclear testing done at the Nevada Test site between 1950-1963. TONS of people got certain cancers and other related illnesses because of the radiation exposure, especially the children (three of four of my closest friends before they were 40). Anyone who lived downwind in the connecting states at that time who got certain cancers will be paid $50,000 by the Federal govnt.

Tell the Millers to check out http://www.usdoj.gov/civil/torts/const/reca/about.htm . Knowing Mike is about my age - born during the radioactive testing - I'm sure he is entitled to a share of the settlement.

I've also got a thyroid disease related to radiation, but since it's not cancer (yet), I don't qualify.

Thanks for the pics!

Val