PDA

View Full Version : Inverness Race Pictures from Saturday

Original Looper 1
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
It was a great day today (March 31st) for racing at Inverness, FL . A little windy, which made for some extremely exciting racing. Saw a lot of good looking racing equipment today - here's a sample. Also saw lots of old racing friends. More coming!

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.)

Original Looper 1
03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Here are more pictures from today's race at Inverness. I can still hear the sweet sound of those race engines buzzing in my ears.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.)

Original Looper 1
03-31-2007, 08:43 PM
A lot of good racing today at Inverness. Wish I'd had a telephoto lens on my digital camera. Guess I'll have to ask Santa for one next Christmas.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
03-31-2007, 09:00 PM
There were racers at Inverness from Georgia, Texas, Washington, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Michigan and Florida. Really nice turn out.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Last round of pictures from the 2nd annual "Thunder in the Hills" Regatta on beautiful Big Lake Henderson, Inverness, Florida. See you at Lake Wales next weekend!

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

John Howe
04-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for posting those, and it`s great that there`s a big turn out of racers! I`ll be spectating next weekend at Lake Wales, and the following weekend in Lakeland. Keep the pics coming please.

Jeff Akers
04-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Paul, thie pictures are great.....I had an offer to go to this, and the lake wales race too ( all expenses paid ):eek: but, couldn't get the time off work:(
Jon Steen (JDS) called me this morning to tell me he had just won the first heat of 1100 hydro...He was very exited and almost out of breath!!
We should know how it ends up in an hour or so...Looking forward to more photos! :D

Wish I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aojesus
04-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Your pictures are great. Many of mine are similar to yours so I will only post these two for now.
I would like to know the story behind the picture of the picture. The hydro is a early 80's Shumaker I believe.

It was a great time and the SMELL, the SMELL brought back so many memories!!:D :D :D :D

RussW

alan akerstrom
04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Where in the ell is all the water? I was there a year ago - it must have been 6' higher.

Composite Specialties
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
The water was about 8' low this year according to the locals there. Very deep mud, black mud. Robbie Galletta had some people bring some pallets and plywood over and they built a cross walk to the mud island so people could use their boat carts to get out to the water.

mercguy
04-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I guess I missed quite a few people at the Inverness race. Yes, I was there (with Jon Steen and Anderson Racing). I took a TON of pictures, so will post them later, when I get my bags unpacked (just got home)............

PS: I was the one leading the first heat of OSY (driving Bob Wartinger's 24-R) , then spun out going into turn 2.........

mercguy
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I must say this was a well run event and LOTS of spectators!!! This event had more spectators than a Stock Outboard National event! Now I know why alot of people prefer the PRO ranks.........

PS: ya gotta love this picture of Howard Anderson in our pits, he was given the name "puff daddy" this weekend.........

Jon Steen driving the Anderson/Steen 1100 TOP hydro took 2nd place.................DAMN GOOD for the Washington clan!:)

mercguy
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
here are a couple more shots from the past weekend..............wish I could have stayed for the coming weekends race.........:(

David Mason
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Darren,

Where are the pics of the umm, spectators :D :D :D I heard there was lots of scenery hanging around.

I can't wait to mix it up in 350CCH this season. Just need to get a few things done and we will be there.

Seanp3
04-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Nice pictures! Looks like it was a lot of fun

Daren, must have been nice to be back in some warm weather :)

corin_huke
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Darren,

Where are the pics of the umm, spectators :D :D :D I heard there was lots of scenery hanging around.

I can't wait to mix it up in 350CCH this season. Just need to get a few things done and we will be there.

Dave - if you are keen to race 350 this season, may be you'd like to get yourself over to Poland in the summer as that's where the Worlds are

Here's a taster of what's in store. A photo of the 0-350 start from Jedovnice, Slovakia, from a few years ago.......

David Mason
04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Corrin,

I would love to, but I think this year I am just going to get my feet wet and try to be competive on the USTS races. Kind of learning curve for me, not used to sliding pipes, and engines loading up if you back off on the start.

I do hope to sometime travel accross the pond to race in at least one worlds. Hopeing to find at least one other person traveling there from her so the shipping would be a little more reasonable. Unless of course you find me a rig to run that is already over there, then I would be happy to consider it !

Composite Specialties
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
More Pics from Inverness

Original Looper 1
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the comments and contributions. My wife and I really enjoyed the races at Inverness and taking pictures of all the great racing teams to post here.

Paul A. Christner