PDA

View Full Version : Bass towers

jeff55vDSH
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
O.K. I'm real familiar with the Bass/Tohatsu towerhousing and foot set up. But I've never seen one of their MOD towerhousings.
I know Bass Machines has been supporting Mod racing for many years with some fine stuff. But I've only seen Merc Mod stuff around here.
Does anyone have any pictures of the Bass MOD towerhousing? Could you post some? Are they easily adapted to any powerhead? Can the Bass D STOCK tower be adapted to powerheads other than the Tohatsu? Does Bass Machines make adapters needed to run various powerheads on their stuff?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
:D

RichardKCMo
04-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Jeff, there's one on ebay for a 6 cyl merc #130098197128
RichardKCMo

jeff55vDSH
04-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Thanks Richard.
I'm having a hard time posting a hyperlink to the page. New forum software?
So, that looks like an older style Bass unit. But I suppose parts are still available for it, I assume. I THINK this is like what Palmquist is running under his 3holer. Can anyone confirm that?
Anywho, here's the pic of the thing from eBay:

proprider01us
04-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Here ya go Jeff. Bought from Bass several years ago and put under a 3cyl. OMC. No problems and no regrets. Nice set-up.
Joe

Tim Chance
04-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Does this help?

jeff55vDSH
04-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks guys. Something like Joe's set up was what I was mostly wanting to see. So the actual MOD tower has no thru-the-tower exhaust. But it looks like I could use the STOCK type tower for a 3 holer with no problems. The stock type tower could give me more application options than the MOD tower.
Naturally, I'd talk it over with Sid before I bought one for this purpose.
Hey Joe, Who polished your lower unit? It looks great!

proprider01us
04-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Thanks Jeff,
I straightened and polished myself. Lots of sanding and some sore fingers, but worth the effort.
Joe

mercguy
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Here ya go Jeff. Bought from Bass several years ago and put under a 3cyl. OMC. No problems and no regrets. Nice set-up.
Joe

nice polish job Joe!!!!

mercguy
04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys. Something like Joe's set up was what I was mostly wanting to see. So the actual MOD tower has no thru-the-tower exhaust. But it looks like I could use the STOCK type tower for a 3 holer with no problems. The stock type tower could give me more application options than the MOD tower.
Naturally, I'd talk it over with Sid before I bought one for this purpose.
Hey Joe, Who polished your lower unit? It looks great!

Jeff, the new towers (like the one on your Tohatsu) would work perfect for MOD and the whole unit (tower, clamps, lower unit) could be bolted permanantly to the boat and all one would have to do is remove the lower unit and the whole powerhead assy would slide right off (up) and then slide the MOD powerhead assy (with adaptor plate) right back down in place, then bolt the lower unit back on...takes about 5 mins........