PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wales Race Pictures 4/07/07

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Another beautiful day for racing in FL, this time at Lake Wales. For all of you shivering up north, it was a "chilly" 70 degrees today under sunny skies.

There were a lot of high quality race teams, lots of spectators and many exciting finishes. It doesn't get any better than this!

David Weaver F-77 sure has a good looking hydro.

The David Eldredge Race Team has 2 daughters that race - the girls finished 1st and 2nd in one heat.

Chris H also had another great day racing.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment & are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Here is round 2 of the pictures taken today at the races at Lake Wales. Enjoy!

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment & are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
This round of pictures features the 500cc hydros. Overall winner today in this class was Sean McKean - T4, 2nd place was Brandon Thirlby - M14, 3rd place was Kenneth Nicholson - F38.

The 500cc hydros really put on a great show today. Thanks guys!

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Round 4 of pictures from the races today (4/07/07) at Lake Wales.

Brandon Thirlby was strong in 500cc hydro.

The 125 hydros put on a quite a good show today. In one heat, Buddy T literally ran off and left the field.

In another heat of 125 hydro, Ralph Donald dominated the field and took 1st. A racer by the name of Jones took overall in 125 hydro (sorry I don't have his 1st name).

Congrats to all of the racers for a fine show today.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Round 5 from Lake Wales

Here are some more pictures of the 125 hydro heats. As I said previously, there was some excellent racing in all 3 heats.

Also 2 of the racers from the Yamato 80 class, Diane and Dave. Diane got a 2nd in one of the Y80 heats.

Steve and Bill seemed to be having a good time today. We caught up with Steve later and got a close up of his beautiful runabout, F109.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Lake Wales - round 6

We took a stroll through the dry pit area and took some up close pictures of various race boats. Some of the graphics are quite original.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Round 7 of pictures from Lake Wales today.

Here's the rest of the pictures we took in the dry pit area. As I said previously, there is a wide variety of graphics on the race boats.

Pete Nydahl and his wife (NCM Racing) have one of the largest trucks I think I've ever seen for hauling race boats. I'd hate to try to parallel park that rig.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Lake Wales - round 8

Peter Nydahl's daughter is following in her dad's racing footsteps.

More photos from 125 & 500 cc hydro races. The last picture is of the 1st and 2nd place winners from the last heat of 500 cc hydro.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm calling this one "Preview of Coming Attractions." As they say in the cartoons -- that's all folks (from today).

thanks,
Paul A. Christner

mercguy
04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
thanks for the pictures Paul! The beach/launch areas look much nicer than the ones in Inverness. Wish I could be there!! Oh ya, BTW, the class you are refering to as Y80 is actually called OSY400..............they use 102/202/302 Yamatos. How did the 24-R boat do in OSY400 and the R-12 capsule boat do??

BRIAN HENDRICK
04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
The last pic in round six, M86, MadDog, was a NEW 350PRO Schumaker. Almost identical to his
'80s record breaking 500 boat. Lowell was also in the pits. Great location for a race. First time we have been there since the '80s at least. Super support from the town. No pics, but RC Hawie doing well in his new Krier/Konig VC. 1st in the first heat, close 3rd in the 3rd. Bill Giles, in his new protype OSY 'WORLDS' boat took two 2nds [for 1st OA] with some smart driving. :cool:
Joey Pinner very fast in OSY :eek:

dancrabt
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
That was another wonderful job Paul.You make me want to pack up and move,,,thanks again my friend,,,Dan Crabtree

Dave_E71
04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Round 5 from Lake Wales

Here are some more pictures of the 125 hydro heats. As I said previously, there was some excellent racing in all 3 heats.

Also 2 of the racers from the Yamato 80 class, Diane and Dave. Diane got a 2nd in one of the Y80 heats.

Steve and Bill seemed to be having a good time today. We caught up with Steve later and got a close up of his beautiful runabout, F109.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

That would be Dave Sr.....it's easy to tell us apart, he's the one with the medals :rolleyes: and Diane won the first heat

I think Lake Wales OSY results were Giles, Murray and Augustine

The other Dave

pro350hydro
04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Great Pictures!

Hope to see more in the future.

BRIAN HENDRICK
04-10-2007, 07:34 AM
OSY, or at least what we call OSY in NA, runs Yamato 102/302 motors. The Y80 is an older stock class. Dianne Murray, N6, Long Island NY,
OSY High Point 1999 & 2001, runs a Giles.
So Bill was pleased, with a one/ two finish.:cool:

mercguy
04-10-2007, 07:47 PM
OSY, or at least what we call OSY in NA, runs Yamato 102/302 motors. The Y80 is an older stock class. Dianne Murray, N6, Long Island NY,
OSY High Point 1999 & 2001, runs a Giles.
So Bill was pleased, with a one/ two finish.:cool:

you can also run a 202 in OSY and it is a faster motor, it seems. I ran a 202 on Wart's boat in Inverness and what he ran at Lake Wales (he was having ignition coil problems though at that race).

Ron Hill
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Marcel tells me he can't post....