PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Race/Hooters Girls Pics - 4/14/07

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
This weekend is the Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. The weather was hot (almost 90) and so was the competition.

RC Hawie was hot today in C stock runabout, taking the overall win.

There were a lot of very nice, very expensive racing rigs at Lake Henderson for the race weekend. It was a real honor to meet some of the owners as there were many national champions in attendence.

Ron Hill -- many people said to say hey to you. Apparently you know a lot of people that race the kind of boats that are at Lakeland this weekend. 3 guys in particular (their picture is here) said to say hi. Boy did they have some interesting stories to tell......

More pictures to come.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.)

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Like I said in the first post, it was definitely extremely hot here today at the races in Lakeland, FL.

The Hooters Girls of Lakeland were on hand at the races to help sell raffle tickets for a charity. A couple of the ladies were kind enough to pose for pictures with the Rinkers Race Team. The Rinkers Race Team is one of the top teams in racing today and although they had problems on the race course today, they were definitely hot in the pits.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.)

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 07:39 PM
More pictures from Lakeland today. Others to follow.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 07:59 PM
More pictures from Lakeland today of the boats and action in the pits.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Master Oil Racing Team
04-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey Paul....I didn't see that you mentioned anything about Diane carrying an umbrella. You know an aluminum umbrella can cast the proper lighting on the subjects in the photo.;) :D

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 08:19 PM
These hydros were so large that they wouldn't fit down the ramp -- so a crane had to lift them over the top of the palm trees and into the water. Talk about flying high.

More pictures to come.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
More pictures to come.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Reply to Wayne's comment:

Yeah, we had one of those umbrellas. Unfortunately, when I started to get a little too close to the Hooters Girls, my wife hit me over the head with the umbrella and broke it. Now I have a big lump and no umbrella. Told you it was hot at Lakeland today. Things were finally starting to cool off, then you had to get Diane hot all over again. Thanks Wayne.
Paul

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 09:00 PM
More pictures from Lakeland today.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

MN1
04-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I see Pete Nydal with his OMC V8. How did he do against the Mercs?
Mark Nelson

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Last round of pictures from Lakeland today. My wife and I had a great time attending races the last 3 weekends around Florida and taking pictures to post here. No, we're definitely not professional photographers. Still, we had a lot of fun seeing a lot of old race friends and making new ones and hope you've had some fun seeing the pictures we took. Thanks to all of the race teams that cooperated in our endeaver.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

Original Looper 1
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Mark,

Pete was leading the last heat of his class when his unit broke. Really tough luck because he had awesome top end.

Paul

sst60racer
04-15-2007, 06:56 AM
I loved this race site when raced there in 2004, the people are great and was a really good time. How did Howie Nichols do in is sst120?

Chris

Original Looper 1
04-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Chris,

Howie finished 2nd overall. He took a 2nd in the 1st race & a 1st in the 2nd race. In the first race, he was taking a corner with another racer and the other racer flipped. No one was hurt.

I don't know that they will be racing today as a cold front has come through bringing strong storms and high winds. The Lakeland area was getting hit by storms at 11 am.

thanks,
Paul

sst60racer
04-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Funny you say that about the weather that is the same thing that happened in 2004, I everyone packed up and went home after a few cold ones, not me thou I had to drive back to North Dakota. Do you know who flipped in the corner was howie that fast or was everyone having problems!

Chris

tthibodaux
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Mark,

Pete was leading the last heat of his class when his unit broke. Really tough luck because he had awesome top end.

PaulIs that a real race V8? Do you have any close up pics? I didn't know there was still any around racing.

sst60racer
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
That is Pete Nydahls boat and yes it is a real race V8. He is from WI his dad was the maker of the race hardware! He set a world record with that boat up here in my neck of the woods!

John how did the sst60s do how did fernadez(spelling ) do with his new boat, just curious cause I used to run that boat and won the race you guys are at in 2004?

Chris

Original Looper 1
04-15-2007, 09:57 AM
If you want to see a close up picture of Pete Nydahl's motor, I have one. It's the last set of pictures from Lake Wales Races that I posted here, the ones from Easter sunday. It's the one called coming attractions.

thanks,
Paul

tthibodaux
04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
If you want to see a close up picture of Pete Nydahl's motor, I have one. It's the last set of pictures from Lake Wales Races that I posted here, the ones from Easter sunday. It's the one called coming attractions.

thanks,
PaulThanks..;) Thats cool, I thought I had seen the last of the V8's (still racin anyway). I bet the Merc guys HATE THAT THING.:eek: :D

sst60racer
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
That boat is very very fast only prob is finding the right prop at Nationals a few years back it was so fast but it kept hitting the rev limiter 3/4 down the front and the motor had alot more just needs that special prop!

Chris

tthibodaux
04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
That boat is very very fast only prob is finding the right prop at Nationals a few years back it was so fast but it kept hitting the rev limiter 3/4 down the front and the motor had alot more just needs that special prop!

ChrisHe needs to call Jim at MAZCO in St. Louis. The reason I say that is because he is the guy who did all dads F1 props and also the props for Second Efforts World Record hydro.