PDA

View Full Version : A little slide show

Jeff Akers
04-15-2007, 08:00 AM
I was inspired by BRF's own "MissKTdoodle" to make this slide show. Thanks KT !:D

I'm 44 years old and just finished my rookie season....I've wanted to build and race a hydro since I can remember....The slides take you from building to racing my rookie season....:cool:
Hope you enjoy it:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLSSrqPmSw

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGLSSrqPmSw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGLSSrqPmSw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Joe Silvestri 36-S
04-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Great job Jeff! I throughly enjoyed the video!

tthibodaux
04-15-2007, 08:25 AM
SWEET.. Very cool Jeff. Are you ready to kick some butt this season?;) I ran super E hydro for a couple of years. Nothing like low 90's on your knee's.:eek:

Mark75H
04-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Good job, Jeff! I'm going to post a link on Screamandfly to your show :)

Tomtall
04-15-2007, 10:56 AM
As always Jeff your attention to detail makes the end result well worth it.:)

Well done and good luck in 2007.

Jeff Akers
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey,thanks guys...It was a real pleasure to have my dad at all the California races helping in the pits..He raced in the 50's and he said this year brought back all those great memories of his racing days...It also brought us mutch closer than weve been since I was just a kid...:cool:

I kind of put this together for him.....;) :)

MissKTdoodle
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Keep up the good work! That was a good video for a "rookie" :D

hydroc888
04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Jeff. That has got to be the best i have seen on BRF. Shows real love for the sport . Good to see your Dad again too and nice to see the pretty lady sitting on the back of the boat in one pic. again too. You must make L.L. proud. I do miss that place.
Jack

Jeff Akers
04-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Jack, thanks for the kind words....It was good to see you at the races again:cool:

Joe J
04-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice job Jeff. Wathcing you and your dad last year makes me realize just how much I miss having my dad at the races w/ me.

Joe

Master Oil Racing Team
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm with the others in congratulating you Jeff. That is one remarkable slide show. I'm also thankful for KTDoodle providing the inspiration. This is something that you can look back on long after you have hung up the helmet. In the meantime........good luck in racing to you Jeff...and....YOU TOO.....KTDoodle!

Ron Hill
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I was told by a friend, the other day, that she couldn't believe how sentimental I was.....watching your slide show stirred a lot of emotions in me.

You've been a great supporter of WWW.BOATRACINGFACTS.COM (http://www.BOATRACINGFACTS.COM) from the beginning, I never realized this was really your first year of racing...

Meeting you , this year and talking with you....sure makes me feel that Boat racing is what I think it is and that is Family, Friends and Fun....

It was really great to see your dad helping you.....Everytime I'm with my sons I feel so LUCKY!!! I miss my dad and mom, but know they are happy we are back in racing...

At Parker, this April 21-22, 2007, my brother, my nephew, and his best friend since he was three, Annette (Bunker's girl friend)...My brother, his wife, Chad and Corey.....Broc...We'll be there as "Family"...Pat Bowman will be running Nostalgia...his parents will be there....Mayor Jim Corsaut and Stew Townend will be there helping...Steven and Lane Curry...will be doing heir usual for us...

Your post makes me feel like I'm part of your "FAMILY". Thanks Jeff and good luck this season...I think I want to make my Fat C into a Formula E...Or Super E as some call it...

And, I will get that DAMN prop figured out for your three banger Sport C motor...

David Mason
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Post this to view on the site ? I can't get to youtube at work, and home computer is dial up. Or email it to wildfirem11@yahoo.com ?

Jeff Akers
04-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you! You guys are all to kind..I'm speechless to some of your responses...:o

RichardKCMo
04-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I hope Sam can hook it up ,sounds like a don't miss.
Richard

Jeff Akers
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
OK, got it figgerd out...Go to my original post and the video should be there.

If you have dail up it will take a while.

David Mason
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
OK, got it figgerd out...Go to my original post and the video should be there.

If you have dail up it will take a while.

Jeff,

Thanks for posting that, nice job. Fromt alking to you on the phone, I can tell you this, Boat racing is an obsession laced with a ton of passion.

Let me know if you need anything on the new rigs.

17W
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Jeff,

Good stuff! Well put together.

Skoontz
04-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Jeff:

Your slide show is awesome! I had no idea you were a rookie. You handle that boat like a seasoned driver who had years under his belt. Will you be at Minden? We are planning to be there, but not completely sure yet.

Jeff Akers
04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Jeff:

Your slide show is awesome! I had no idea you were a rookie. You handle that boat like a seasoned driver who had years under his belt. Will you be at Minden? We are planning to be there, but not completely sure yet.

Thanks Skoontz, Minden is not looking good for FEH, and my D is waiting for me to finnish..June Salt Springs maybe...For sure Oroville (Divisionals)

Unfortunatly FE Hydro in region 11 is all but dead now:( ....Look's like it will be a season of ?????????

Jeff Akers
04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for posting that,nice job.

Let me know if you need anything on the new rigs.

Thanks David,...The way things are going I might be headed for 350H :eek: ...I'll need all the help I can get;)

Roy Hodges
04-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks Skoontz, Minden is not looking good for FEH, and my D is waiting for me to finnish..June Salt Springs maybe...For sure Oroville (Divisionals)

Unfortunatly FE Hydro in region 11 is all but dead now:( ....Look's like it will be a season of ?????????......................................... ...............................
What happened ? When I talked to you at Minden last fall, I thought feh looked good. I must have missed something ? I was gonna get a feh hydro, all ready got a Bass tower & lower unit & a couple 3 banger motors (parts motors) & now? - Sad .......................

Fast Fred
04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
:cool: :eek: :cool:

Jeff Akers
04-20-2007, 09:19 AM
.................................................. ......................
What happened ? When I talked to you at Minden last fall, I thought feh looked good. I must have missed something ? I was gonna get a feh hydro, all ready got a Bass tower & lower unit & a couple 3 banger motors (parts motors) & now? - Sad .......................

Roy, how close are you to geting in the water ?

There are at this time only two "true" FEH's in R11 that I know of, and we can't expect the D MOD guys to step up every race, yes it's sad but ???

There seem's to be some renewed interest in 350 though...With some changes to my boat It should be a decent pro boat.

Call me :707-878-2443