PDA

View Full Version : Evinrude-johnson-omc Heritage Brochures Website

LIQUID NIRVANA
06-02-2007, 05:10 AM
If you are looking for the HERITAGE of OMC, what better place to start than with the original SALES Brochures. I am collecting them & posting them to a dedicated website. There are about 65 brochures so far. I will continue to add them as they become available. I hope to eventually have them back to 1909. If anyone would like to help with this brochure collection please contact me. I will pay any costs. Remember the EVINRUDE Outboard is 100 years old in 2008/2009. Any support is very much appreciated and will be acknowledged.

In addition to above: Also looking for Elto, Gale, Lockwood, and anything else associated with OOMC or OMC or BRP.

My Email: kenfin2006@yahoo.com.au

The BROCHURE site is located at:-

http://community.webshots.com/user/LIQUIDNIRVANA2

Fast Fred
06-02-2007, 06:14 AM
lookin for a shot of a factory FT, got anything?
thanks
FF

Roy Hodges
06-02-2007, 07:32 AM
for a shot of V O ,anybody ?

Mark75H
06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
What about the other brands? Buccaneer, Gale, Lockwood?

I have some Lockwood borchures from before they were brought into OMMC ... not OMC which came later

scud
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
thanks for having the sales brochures avail. online !!! .beleive it or not i rigged almost half of the boats that are in the 1985 johnson sales brochure . and drove the camara boat for the bass boat pix ,chapperal v-6 pix and Mr and Mrs florida cracker in the skip jack which i rigged as well . These pix were taken in astor florida at astor st johns marine . thanx again for the memories . scud

LIQUID NIRVANA
06-02-2007, 03:18 PM
What about the other brands? Buccaneer, Gale, Lockwood?

I have some Lockwood borchures from before they were brought into OMMC ... not OMC which came later

Hi Sam
Anything OMC Brochure's are what I'm after after but I havn't spotted any yet. If I can get them I WILL post them. I will include pre OMC as well. Its all HERITAGE & gives further insite.

I will return them if anyone wants to lend them.

Good to hear from you.

LIQUID NIRVANA
06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
lookin for a shot of a factory FT, got anything?
thanks
FF

Excuse my ignorance Fast Fred but what is a factory FT.

Ken

Fast Fred
06-02-2007, 04:38 PM
mod50 power head, on a Stinger mid, with a Nitro foot, i understand that they were white, but not clear on it, it's a Race moda, but not sure what hull they ran, i also think that you could not buy one hear, but, i 'm not sure.:cool:

LIQUID NIRVANA
06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
mod50 power head, on a Stinger mid, with a Nitro foot, i understand that they were white, but not clear on it, it's a Race moda, but not sure what hull they ran, i also think that you could not buy one hear, but, i 'm not sure.:cool:

I know that the 1973 model 65hp was available in short shaft & had the Nitro gearcase because I sold one. Was also the Mod 50 powerhead 49.9ci. The gear ratios were different to the 20" model & slimmer gearcase. This was in Australia.

Roy Hodges
06-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Did not come available untill 1975,on the 50 hp twins and short shaft 75. the 70 horse was available in short shaft ONLY in 1974 , first year of the 70 horse. Of course i am speaking of these motors in the U.S. I do not know what happened in other countries.

Fast Fred
06-05-2007, 04:01 AM
75- 76 i think, Australia , think you could get one thare, that is the only place that seems to know any thing about them.:cool: , it was someone from over there that said they are white.

LIQUID NIRVANA
06-06-2007, 02:03 AM
75- 76 i think, Australia , think you could get one thare, that is the only place that seems to know any thing about them.:cool: , it was someone from over there that said they are white.

1975 Johnson 75hp Short Shaft Stinger2 & 75 hp Evinrude Hustler. Sprint Drive gearcase with .536 gear ratio. Optional High compression heads were available.

This is a page from the 1975 Johnson brochure. Suggested List price was US$1840.00

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2505249020101354590qUuCQz?vhost=rides

Fast Fred
06-07-2007, 04:32 AM
1975 Johnson 75hp Short Shaft
well it was like that or the Hustler, but had the Mod50 power head and a addapter. i was told that the SPRINT is the same as the NITRO foot.

Lars Strom
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Well..This is my SE Clerici from 1974...
this engine had the Nitro gearcase already 1974..including
factory installed Race powertrim and steering bars..

A very good and fast SE engine....made me a European SE Champion
ahead of Roger Jenkins and others..back then..

850cc racer
10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
hey guys, can anyone confirm the australian released motor to the public the FT did that have the straight in front or the angled front?

850cc racer
10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Lars, your SE is a mod 50? correct on a 15 inch mid with the nitro foot.. ??was that released to the public?

Lars Strom
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
hey guys, can anyone confirm the australian released motor to the public the FT did that have the straight in front or the angled front?

Hi..

The FT 19 S I raced for the first time 1976 at the European Champion ship
in Sweden had the angled front..
That was a must to make shifting possible..

Lars Strom
10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Lars, your SE is a mod 50? correct on a 15 inch mid with the nitro foot.. ??was that released to the public?

No..My SE (yellow boat above) was a production 70/75 that had the nitro
gear case 1974..
Only a limited number of engines was built for the 1974 season..

1975 I used more or less the same production 75hp..
now with the nitro standard on short shaft..

850cc racer
10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi Lars thankyou for your reply.

What im trying to work out... was there an engine released with a 15inch midsection nitro foot but with Mod50 powerhead straight in 5over5 reed front released to the public? or was this to race teams only?

or would it be the same thing however with angled front 4 over 4 reeds to allow shiftable gearcase.-- would this be a FT 19S released to the public?

Rule---- ALL motors must be STANDARD FACTORY MODELS that are
advertised and listed in brochures manufacturers and must be freely available for sale to the public
through normal retail outlets. Motors must be designed specifically for normal recreational boating use
and not “special run” or limited race models..... was the mod 50 a limted race model? i dont think so?

QUESTION limited race model... we could look at this a couple of ways..
how would you guys read that statement..

the rules state gear boxes must be capable of forward reverse operation at all times... however it doesnt say it has to be with a control box.. no reason i cant make something on the midsection to allow this.:cool: if the mod 50 with straight in front was released on the 15 inch mid and nitro foot im in business.

thankyou for your help

Rob

Mark75H
10-15-2009, 09:42 PM
not “special run” or limited race models..... was the mod 50 a limted race model?

Definitely was a "special run" "limited race model"

850cc racer
10-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey thanks for the reply, from what im hearing the fr 19s was released to the public.. and had 8port angled front mod 50 block, 15 inch mid and nitro foot.

as you may tell i need some help/clarifaction

cheers mate

Mark75H
10-16-2009, 05:06 AM
You are interpreting "released to the public" differently than rule makers do. Rule makers mean sold as a regular fishing/pleasure motor and shown in the main brochure with all other motors when they say "released to the public" ... not just that they sold them rather than holding them back as factory race team equipment.

You will not find the FR19S in any of the standard fishing motor brochures. That line of motors shown and spec'd out in the brochures is the definition of "motors released to the public"; all other motors are "limited distribution" because you had to have some other special knowledge to even ask for one. If you dig deep enough you may find the OMC AU had a restriction policy over who could order one at the time they were new, a further limit on their distribution.

Lars Strom
10-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Lars thankyou for your reply.

Rob

Hi again Rob,

Maybe you should read my Racing history thread.. many stories about exactly what you are asking....

I think you like it..
..Enjoy

Lars..

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6727

850cc racer
10-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey Lars i have just read every post in your thread. its taken me like 4hrs.

wowsers what a great adventure. i envy you! it would have been very cool having access to those race engines.

i think what Fast Fred said is kinda how i look a things now.. ill soon be running a mod50 something you guys had 30 or so years ago!!

Rob

Lars Strom
10-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Lars i have just read every post in your thread. its taken me like 4hrs....
Rob

Hi Again Rob..
I am glad you enjoy it..
the thread needs to be bumped up..

Lars