PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rules...

Sam Baker
07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
I was looking at the rules and Division 3 says "Stock Gearcase" for outboards. I have a 225 ProMax with a CLE. That is the stock gearcase for that motor. Would that run in Div. 3?

Also, what are rules regarding bolt-on mods? i.e. SVS, Light flywheel, 16 amp charging system, heads, reeds, exhaust tuner, exhaust adapter, etc.?

capnzee
07-28-2007, 07:42 PM
For the Parker Enduro 2007, all Division III boats shall have a stock (round nose) lower unit. All CLE units shall be considered "pointy nose" lower units and shall run in Division IV, V, or VI depending upon how the boat measures up. Check the rules and you should be able to fit yourself in. The engine rules state any outboard engine meaning just that-modify in any way you would like .:) Rod

Ron Hill
07-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Rod, glad to see your back on BRF. Were visiting "grandma" in wisconsin right now.

-Broc

capnzee
07-30-2007, 04:20 PM
WE WILL BE IN EAST DUBUQUE ILL. ON TUESDAY LATE AFTERNOON. BE THERE FOR TWO WEEKS. MAYBE YOU CAN JOIN US AT THE CABIN. FOR ANYONE WHO HAS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PARKER RACE, CALL ME ON MY CELL (310) 488-3563, OTHERWISE, KEEP THE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING. :) GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN:mad: ROD

Yodaddy
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
For the Parker Enduro 2007, all Division III boats shall have a stock (round nose) lower unit. All CLE units shall be considered "pointy nose" lower units and shall run in Division IV, V, or VI depending upon how the boat measures up. Check the rules and you should be able to fit yourself in. The engine rules state any outboard engine meaning just that-modify in any way you would like .:) Rod

Just because you say a round nose is stock is not so. If the motor came with a pointy gearcas stock, then it is stock for that motor. If you make someone run a round gearcase on the wrong motor then it is not a stock gearcase. Maybe you should just ban STOCK motors? I guess ya can call it what ya want seeing how it's your race.

fyremanbill
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
The std fishing engine (round nose) LU must be stock, ie no add on nose cone or modified water pick up. That's not to be confused with that LU being installed on the same engine it was originally sold with. The stock term simply indicates that the case cannot be modified.

Yodaddy
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
The std fishing engine (round nose) LU must be stock, ie no add on nose cone or modified water pick up. That's not to be confused with that LU being installed on the same engine it was originally sold with. The stock term simply indicates that the case cannot be modified.

Thats not what he's saying.

Mark75H
09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
What the rule means is motors that came with a pointy lower unit can't run in that class - they run in another class. That's pretty much the end of it.

fyremanbill
09-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't quite agree with much of the above posts. The rules clearly indicate what the power head may be in each class. Most classes state "any outboard engine" except div 1 where it's 2L and limits fuel choice. Then it goes on to list the type of gear case which can be run in each class. Last years winner had an S3000 "like" power head on a std fishing gearcase. This year I'm running a pile of junk parts, some pieces not sold in the same decade, much less the same model.

capnzee
09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Putt'er together Bill, if you have a round nose unit and are over 2.0 you are in division III, if you are over 2.0 and have a pointy nose you are in Division IV. If you are 2.0 or under, check carb venturi measurements, you should be in Dvision I. I know you will want to play within the spirit of the rules and I think I understand what you mean when you speak of a pile of outdated parts.Measure the carb venturi's and the cc's, weigh your boat and you should know exactly what class you are in. Any questions, let's talk it over the phone. We want to keep this race as honest and simple as possible. Thanks much for your understanding and desire to run an honest race. Rod:)

capnzee
09-07-2007, 07:21 PM
The word STOCK has been deleted from the rules! It was causing confusion and I can understand why. We now simply refer to round nose or pointy nose. The ROUND nose units may be configured in any way you would like to work on them but the center of the prop shaft must be run 3 inches below the planing surface of the hull. This measurement will be made with the prop shaft parallel to the planing surface. This will be the only restriction on the round nose entries. Put ears/rails/ tunnels or whatever modification you want, the restrictions will be placed soley on the prop shaft to planing surface of the boat Pointy nose units will be measured in the same manner only the restriction is for the center of the prop shaft to be no higher that 1 inch below the planing surface of the boat measured in the same way as the round nose units.:) Rod

fyremanbill
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
You bet I'm sticking to the spirt of the rules. Just a bunch of stuff from Ron Hill's junk pile. I've got a black/grey/gold Mercariner hiperfishing motor that can't be beat!

Ron Hill
09-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, FRYMAN Bill....( Fryeman) just because I GAVE you some stuff...it wasn't from the junk pile...THAT IS WHERE I GOT IT!!!!

I haven't been reading all this, but if you get that motor going COOL...If you win, "It is you and Me"...If you break.."Stuff happens"....

It should be fun...The guy from Hawaii that drove 007..has an Avenger this year...1150 ??? Maybe, buffed out, they are ready....They won't be wearing the BAT HELMET this year as all helmets have to be ORANGE...Some how the bat Helmet just wouldn't look good ORANGE!!! Would it???

Junk hell...I could have gotten $14 at scrap metal for that motor!! I got $79 dollars yesterday...camera ain't working our you might have cried!!!

fyremanbill
09-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Damn it Ron, if you throw all that stuff out, what will I build my 2008 Parker winner with?

capnzee
09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Bill, I'm calling you out! You have been quite active for the past year in the talk'n department. Now it is time to do the walk'n! Have you sent your entry in?:confused: Rod

fyremanbill
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, sent it in last week. Ross should have it by now. Motor is still in not together though...gotta get moving.

capnzee
09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Great news Bill, glad you are in, we are not getting a lot of information concerning who has registered and who has not, so I am just trying to "stir the pot" and get a little action out of the guys who have shown interest. Thanks for your timely responce. Now I'll go through the previous questions and look for someone else to bug. I think it will be Jim Rich. Isn't he the guy that is always talking about being the first boat into the turn? As I recall, last year he kept calling me, saying he would be a little late, then a little later etc. etc. We delayed inspection for him and he never showed up for the race. Is this you Jim? Are you the one that convinced me that if the jets were put in Div I we would get a lot of more entries??:confused: Rod

fyremanbill
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I think Boat 819 is going to be the first one around the course this year:D

capnzee
09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Bill, I always knew you would make it--I understand you have a "hot" 2.0 and plan to eat all the jets alive. I don't think you have to wait for the race to do it--I don't think they(jets) are alive today and I don't think you want anything to do with dead meat. I have done everything I can to call them out but they don't even respond! Well hell, they can't get through the first hour anyway, with out breaking. You will have a 2.0 from Iowa to beat and I understand (if they aren't talk'n texan) that you will have at least one 4 banger tri-hull coming. I guess the DCUCCI boats have disappeared--Didn't you make a deal with them Ron, like if you take these boats out of my yard you will run them at Parker--kind of like the deal you made when you trucked them home from Havasu??? I have been doing a lot of "barking" because I don't think anyone, including myself (and I am supposed to be on the race committee), has seen or knows how many entries we have at this time--if I step on anybody's toes, forgive me-I'm simply trying to -iss you off enough to stand up or shut up, then I'll do my best to kick your butt at Parker on the 20th.:eek: Rod

fyremanbill
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Don't know how hot my 2L will be with low compression heads, but we'll see how well it'll run in about a week.

capnzee
09-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Sure hope those low compression heads can run the "pump gas" supplied by the on sight fuel truck. Shouldn't be a problem, it will be 92 octane! Please don't bother to "fill up" at the local mobil, if you do, we can run it in my motor home--Div. I boats will run the 92 octane provided at race site. That is, if we get the 35 entries necessary to run the race. :) Rod

BADBLOWN572
10-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Gentlemen, I have a question on the rules. Per the stated rules, a small block engine is allowed to run in division 1 provided that is has a 2BBL carb. My question is what about a fuel injected motor? I have a person interested in running one of our boats in the enduro. It is definitely not a sure thing yet, but he is considering either running it himself or loaning it to us to run. The boat has a standard Mercury 6.2L small block engine. Per Mercury's website, it puts out 320h.p. Even though it is fuel injected, it has a very small throttle body with two air inlet holes.

Mercury Marine 6.2L Specifications (http://www.mercurymarine.com/engines/inboards/sterndrives/mpi6-2mx_specs.php)

This boat was just tested last week by HotBoat Magazine and was documented that the top speed was 65.8mph.

Please make a ruling if this boat will fit into Division #1.

Thank you,
Danny

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/OP6C11004.jpg

MAXIMUS
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Gentlemen, I have a question on the rules. Per the stated rules, a small block engine is allowed to run in division 1 provided that is has a 2BBL carb. My question is what about a fuel injected motor? I have a person interested in running one of our boats in the enduro. It is definitely not a sure thing yet, but he is considering either running it himself or loaning it to us to run. The boat has a standard Mercury 6.2L small block engine. Per Mercury's website, it puts out 320h.p. Even though it is fuel injected, it has a very small throttle body with two air inlet holes.

Mercury Marine 6.2L Specifications (http://www.mercurymarine.com/engines/inboards/sterndrives/mpi6-2mx_specs.php)

This boat was just tested last week by HotBoat Magazine and was documented that the top speed was 65.8mph.

Please make a ruling if this boat will fit into Division #1.

Thank you,
Danny

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/Riverbound/OP6C11004.jpg

Funny you should mention that because some buddies of mine were going to run a blown small block in a gn style boat with one of Pat Hobans 2 barrel fuel injectors! Funny thing is the damn thing was a complete pig with a 4 barrel.

I think that would be a damn fine divison 1 boat! Good chance at the gold too! Rod, Ross there is another potential customer...:)

capnzee
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
LET NO BOAT BE LEFT BEHIND!!!!!If you are honest with me, I will be honest with you. I agree that this is definitely a Division I boat as I see it in the picture posted above. If we are talking about the same boat, the blue and white I/O, pictured with full upholstery, then please get it registered fast!!! This is exactly the kind of production boat we are looking for. Please call me with any questions, but above all, get in touch with Ross, tell him you have talked to me and have been given the GO, all things being on the level this is a great addition to the race--got any more just like it?:) Rod

BADBLOWN572
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
LET NO BOAT BE LEFT BEHIND!!!!!If you are honest with me, I will be honest with you. I agree that this is definitely a Division I boat as I see it in the picture posted above. If we are talking about the same boat, the blue and white I/O, pictured with full upholstery, then please get it registered fast!!! This is exactly the kind of production boat we are looking for. Please call me with any questions, but above all, get in touch with Ross, tell him you have talked to me and have been given the GO, all things being on the level this is a great addition to the race--got any more just like it?:) Rod

Possibly. We are building a bullet right now that should be pretty competitive if I can get it done in time. If we can't, we will be running a Div IV boat. No matter what, we will be out there running. :)

The only thing that we will be doing no matter what boat we run, is to pull off the back hatch. I want the drivers & pit crew to have easy access to the engine compartment in need of a failure or other catestrophic event. Other than that, we will leave in full interior if we are running that boat in Div 1. :)

capnzee
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Just get registered-we need the boats --we need the race--and we need to have a lotta fun! Boat racing has gotten to be too serious without the good old fashioned fun we had for years. :) Rod