PDA

View Full Version : Another Tri-Hull In The Works..

tthibodaux
08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
My cousin Corey and I picked up his Tri-Hull today in Conroe.. It's gonna take some work but it'll be ready for Orange.:eek: :D

DKL
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Good luck with the project, I hope you can make the Orange race Corey!!!:D
So how about some pictures as the things move along.

DL

tthibodaux
08-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Good luck with the project, I hope you can make the Orange race Corey!!!:D
So how about some pictures as the things move along.

DLThanks for helping us out Doug!;) Now we will see how much work Corey can get done in a month.:eek:

corey thibodaux
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I drove as fast as I could home, and made a quick stop by Home Depot and wal-mart for epoxy. Yesterday I sanded the inside and pulled out all of the old foam.

Today I finished sanding and I began building it out. I added 1/2 inch plywood to the floor. I also braced the sides in two places. I added four crossmembers. I supported the bow in two places.

I should be able to flip it over and get to work on the bottom by Thursday.

capnzee
08-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Any chance we could see this boat at the Parker Enduro? Tim, I got the posters off to you yesterday--they should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Rod:) :)

corey thibodaux
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
No chance for Parker, I will be happy with Orange, and then the Tri-hullathon at Highlands.

I will do alot of fine tuning this Winter getting ready for next season.

Corey Thibodaux

tthibodaux
08-20-2007, 06:05 AM
I'll tear the motor down today so I can order the parts. I'm gonna try some things on this one to see if it works!:D

catndahats
08-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Congrats on your new boat!!!!

Hooray....one more boat for Texas!
I'm looking forward to watching ya'll run in Orange.

Nate

corey thibodaux
08-20-2007, 06:51 AM
I progressed a ton on Sunday, after I put the supports on the crossmembers today it will be ready and very rigid, but there is a ton of other extra bracing that I plan on doing. I am constructing it like a tank from the inside out.

I can't wait untill someone bumps me.

You think I should put a "Ranch Hand" on the front just for good measure?????

corey thibodaux
08-20-2007, 07:12 AM
I got the horn blown at me quite a bit on the drive home from Conroe. I should assume these were fans of Jerry Rinker???

DKL
08-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Corey,

You got all that done in two days??:eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about a man on a mission!!!!:D :D

corey thibodaux
08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
the boat is now fully/overly braced, as well as the transom and sides. I tied the ribs into the sides to firm it up. I also tied the transom in to the sides to add extra support. I did a ton today and yesterday.

The boat flips tomorrow so I can work on the fast side of it. I will most likely be adding some trick stuff to it.

With any good fortune I will be heading for Circle D next weekend to get it rigged and start testing it.:D :D :D :D :D

DKL
08-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Pictures,,,,,we need pictures:D :D

corey thibodaux
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
The bracing is really something to look at, but it is not a finished product yet. As soon as I paint and re-number the boat I will send pics.:cool:

tthibodaux
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Holy Crap....:eek: I've never in my life seen or heard about someone wanting to race so bad!

Corey sent me a couple pics on his phone today. All I can say is I hope nobody (including me) gets in his way. I don't know if the damn thing will even float.:D :D

Well, I'm takin care of the hp., and the boat looks good so Orange Texas is gonna be a blast!

Good job Corey, the boat is coming along GREAT!

corey thibodaux
08-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Me and all of my neighbors took it off the trailer and flipped it over and now it is in my garage and I am working on the bottom.

((Never run it like they built it))

It didn't feel too heavy when it was on the ground.

Stay out of the way of "The Big Red Machine":D :D :D :cool:

corey thibodaux
08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I should be done with the bottom by Sunday, then the paint!!!!!:D :D :D

corey thibodaux
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Put the boat back on the trailer and sanded the finish. I should have the bow covered and painted by the end of the week.:cool:

Ron Hill
08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post38720 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 0px solid" width=175>DKL (http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/member.php?u=2379)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_38720", true); </SCRIPT>
Team Member

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_38720 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Pictures......we need pictures:D :D
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
YES, pictures!!!

corey thibodaux
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
As soon as I have it painted I am going to post some pics. The hardest is behind me. All I am doing now is paint prep and a ton of extra stuff to make is as tough as a Sherman tank.

I can't wait untill someone glances off the side of me. I just might split them in half (1/2)..........:D :D :D

I have never seen boat racing look so fun. The 45sst racing I did as a kid just looks boring compared to this.

Barrel rolling looks like a ton of fun too!!!!!!!!

I plan on outfitting the boat with a sewer drain so I can drain the water more quickly and dry the engine out quick enough for the next heat.

Orange Here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corey Thibodaux:cool: :cool: :cool:

DKL
08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Sewer drain???:confused: well that river water is kinda like,,, oh never mind ,you plan on submarining that thing Corey:D
I'm gonna get you some big THIS SIDE UP stickers to stick on the dash just to remind you..hahhahha:D :
You got the cage and seat and belts yet? X THE WINDSHEILD,,, thats not a ski boat anymore:D :D

I can't wait to see it,I gotta go buy a new card for the camera,heck I will go buy a video camera to get some action footage of you the first time out,

you gonna paint Carpet Muscle on the side???
D

tthibodaux
08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok Corey. If you don't post some pics of that thing the first thing I'm gonna do when it shows up at my shop next week is post em myself.:D

Ron Hill
08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Where are the pictures of this boat?

corey thibodaux
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I should have it painted in the next few days. As soon as the first coat dries I will post some pics inside and out.:p

corey thibodaux
08-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I put the first coat of red on tonight, tomorrow I will sand and put another coat.

Saturday I am going to pick up the roll cage from the Schuberts.:D :D :D

tthibodaux
08-31-2007, 04:40 AM
I put the first coat of red on tonight, tomorrow I will sand and put another coat.

Saturday I am going to pick up the roll cage from the Schuberts.:D :D :DSWEET... Hurry up and get it done, I'm ready to rig it.:D

corey thibodaux
08-31-2007, 05:23 AM
:cool:

I have a few more coats of paint and some glass work inside, and I will be down to see you next weekend.

corey thibodaux
08-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Heading down to pick up the roll cage from the Schuberts tomorrow.

I can't say enough good things about the Schubert family. They are always ready to help out any way they can.:) :) :)

corey thibodaux
09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I went down to pick up the roll cage today. It wouldn't fit inside, so I put it on the roof. I can't believe that i never got pulled over on the way home.

I did glass work on the ribs inside the boat when I got home, and I threw the roll cage inside to have a look at it. I will work on making it secure tomorrow, and then maybe some foam later in the day.:cool:

corey thibodaux
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM

corey thibodaux
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Who knows what this will look like come race day, it changes alot every day.

I just hope it goes straight and dosent swap ends more than a couple of times.

Sometimes it is fun to stop the race and go for a swim!!!!!!!!!!!!:D