PDA

View Full Version : reservations

08-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Trying to make reservations...anyone know of a a promo code to use like last year?

ePerformanceMarine
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
The Bluewater is sold out ! OK half sold out the other half is shut down.

08-21-2007, 10:56 PM
dammitt!!!! Kofa 4 me

Skoontz
08-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Camp in the trailer on the beach or at the camp grounds with full hot water showers you don't need to squirt quarters in every 2 minutes......

capnzee
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
If we don't double our entries in the next few days you won't have to worry about a place to stay. Spectators, hell, there won't be a race to watch. It is getting to the point that all we have is a damn few spectators with nothing to watch--nobody wants to participate! No wonder every one is getting FAT! What else has a couch potato got to do but get fat. Doesn't anybody want to race anymore? Boat racing is getting like high school sports! You have to combine enough small schools to get one big enough to field a football team and the rest of the students lay around growing fat as couch potatoes. I don't want to lose this race but I am having difficulty trying to figure out what you racers need. Sometimes I think you each want your own class so that you are guaranteed a win even if you break!:mad: Rod

MAXIMUS
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
If we don't double our entries in the next few days you won't have to worry about a place to stay. Spectators, hell, there won't be a race to watch. It is getting to the point that all we have is a damn few spectators with nothing to watch--nobody wants to participate! No wonder every one is getting FAT! What else has a couch potato got to do but get fat. Doesn't anybody want to race anymore? Boat racing is getting like high school sports! You have to combine enough small schools to get one big enough to field a football team and the rest of the students lay around growing fat as couch potatoes. I don't want to lose this race but I am having difficulty trying to figure out what you racers need. Sometimes I think you each want your own class so that you are guaranteed a win even if you break!:mad: Rod

Rod with all do respect I feel your pain, but unfourtunatly today is a different day than yester year... I think you could hand most people an entire package boat, entry fee, etc & they would still not step up. There is a huge lack of desire for this & lots of other boat racing... Very sad but evident. I work my *** off on my equipment & enjoy every minute of it. Most of my friends & people I know don't have that kind of ambition or desire. Just something that todays society dosen't posess.:(

capnzee
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Maximus, as always, you have stepped up and I would like to be the first to thank you for your support and help. I don't know which leg of the race you are driving, and I am not certain what leg Ted has in mind for me, but I hope I get a shot at you because even at 70 years old I think I can whup your long haired ***!:) Rod

09-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Couch Potatos!!!!Fat!!!!!Settle there old man...:D Been working on our stuff for the last 3 months or so for this race @ night / weekends. Our group is 31, 30, 28, & 20 years old & probably gonna give you all you can handle....don't write everybody off yet!!!

I do agree that most of my friends are fat, do nothing couch potatos...ask 'em to help and they look @ you like "why are you working...we're done with work" ....SCREW 'EM!!! Lazy F's!!

The race was great the last two years & to everyone that put it on and stepped up before Thanks!!!!

Hopefully we see you all there again.

capnzee
09-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, some spirit from the young pups! Great, now for the question--You gotcher registration in? Look'n fwd to meeting you on the course--what Division you running? :) Rod

RichardKCMo
09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
When i was younger we uste practice bend over & kiss your friends g'bye, but when all was said and done we kissed our girl friends on the way back to class, we need the draft!!?
RichardKCMo.
Well, some spirit from the young pups! Great, now or the question--You gotcher registration in? Look'n fwd to meeting you on the course--what Division you running? :) Rod

09-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Sent registration in on Friday for two division II boats. Is that where you are running? Any word from the Div. 5 and 6 heavy hitters???

capnzee
09-24-2007, 07:26 AM
That should bring Div II up to 4 boats with about 3 still to show. I will be in the Body Snatcher if Joey or Tony don't tear it up before I can get to it. If the Div. II boats can hold their speed through the turns, accellerate fast enough, then hold 85 mph, and keep running for 300 miles, I think one of us has a shot at the podium. The Div.III boats can run 85 all day long, but we have a 15 minute "push"! Division IV, V and VI can all run 90 to over 100. The outboards have proven they can run 300 but the inboards, with the exception of a few have all proven to be shakey. Even the "big dollar boats" have not been able to last. Nordic however has been right there at the finish and they have two entries this year. The Division to watch out for is Division I. I thought the jets could pose a threat but they are "hiding out". 'fraid they can't keep'm running I guess. If they could run on steam they might stand a chance cause they sure used a lot of it talk'n the game! The guy to watch is Fyreman Bill with his "souped up", "made from junk parts" 2.0 Merc. We will ALL be watching him. The Division I boat from Iowa can only run 70 mph but he can make speed in the turns and he can handle the rough water. Don't count him out-new motor, new boat, single driver that won't quit, could add up to a win. Now if we can just get 10 more entries by tomorrow gentlemen, we have a race!:) Rod

MAXIMUS
09-24-2007, 08:15 AM
That should bring Div II up to 4 boats with about 3 still to show. I will be in the Body Snatcher if Joey or Tony don't tear it up before I can get to it. If the Div. II boats can hold their speed through the turns, accellerate fast enough, then hold 85 mph, and keep running for 300 miles, I think one of us has a shot at the podium. The Div.III boats can run 85 all day long, but we have a 15 minute "push"! Division IV, V and VI can all run 90 to over 100. The outboards have proven they can run 300 but the inboards, with the exception of a few have all proven to be shakey. Even the "big dollar boats" have not been able to last. Nordic however has been right there at the finish and they have two entries this year. The Division to watch out for is Division I. I thought the jets could pose a threat but they are "hiding out". 'fraid they can't keep'm running I guess. If they could run on steam they might stand a chance cause they sure used a lot of it talk'n the game! The guy to watch is Fyreman Bill with his "souped up", "made from junk parts" 2.0 Merc. We will ALL be watching him. The Division I boat from Iowa can only run 70 mph but he can make speed in the turns and he can handle the rough water. Don't count him out-new motor, new boat, single driver that won't quit, could add up to a win. Now if we can just get 10 more entries by tomorrow gentlemen, we have a race!:) Rod

DIV 2 will run 80 & DIV 3 can run 85 all day long. Rod if I am in DIV 4 then how fast will I need to run? How fast do you think I can run with a naturally aspirated motor & live? I was hoping that I could maintane somewhere in the neighborhood of 80... :confused: I think chads boat in div 3 is going to leave me behind again like it did last year... :(

fyremanbill
09-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Anyone who would like to have a look at my engine, come on over. It's still in peices. I'll be putting it together this week.
Rod, do you have a go/no-go gauge for for the carbs. I made one from cardboard, and my carbs are unmodified and 1 5/16, but i'd hate to get there and find out that your gauge is .002 smaller than one of my carb venturis.

capnzee
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Our fine referee Roger is responsible for measuring the carbs, which he plans on doing. You say you made one out of card board???I think our referee will be able to do better than that! 1 5/16 at the venturi should be quite easy to check--there will be no tolerances. If you want to run your carb by Roger for a check, call him and/or take one to Bakersfield and have him check it. As I recall, there is a slight casting ring around the venturi, but I may be wrong. Glad you are interested enough to want to make certain you are legal before you get to Parker...That is the way I would do it if I thought I was going to be scrutinized. I already measured the boat from Iowa, but I am going to have Roger recheck it again when we weigh his boat, check the prop shaft depth and fuel him from the 92 octane fuel truck. :) Rod

capnzee
09-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Maximus, I believe you are a fair and square shooter.I believe your boat will only run 80 mph. I have been trying to figure out an approach to this situation and cannot come up with an answer that I feel could be accepted by the competition. If you have a suggestion that is plausible, make a post or maybe better yet, call me. I would really like to square your rating so that you have a fair shot at the podium. As for the outboards, I think Chad never exceeded 85 mph which his start time was predicated on in the '06 race. This cost the roundy nose boys 15 minutes on the start and dropped him one class in the 2007 Parker Enduro. . What can I say, the outboards are tough. If the Division II boats run like they did last year and you finish, you will beat all of them. :confused: Rod
DIV 2 will run 80 & DIV 3 can run 85 all day long. Rod if I am in DIV 4 then how fast will I need to run? How fast do you think I can run with a naturally aspirated motor & live? I was hoping that I could maintane somewhere in the neighborhood of 80... :confused: I think chads boat in div 3 is going to leave me behind again like it did last year (

MAXIMUS
09-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Maximus, I believe you are a fair and square shooter.I believe your boat will only run 80 mph. I have been trying to figure out an approach to this situation and cannot come up with an answer that I feel could be accepted by the competition. If you have a suggestion that is plausible, make a post or maybe better yet, call me. I would really like to square your rating so that you have a fair shot at the podium. As for the outboards, I think Chad never exceeded 85 mph which his start time was predicated on in the '06 race. This cost the roundy nose boys 15 minutes on the start and dropped him one class in the 2007 Parker Enduro. . What can I say, the outboards are tough. If the Division II boats run like they did last year and you finish, you will beat all of them. :confused: Rod

Here is the delema... I am all about support, not snivveling. I also don't want to trash my equipment with out trying to kick everybody's *** on the course!:D Call it a personal issue... Any how if I drop a class & do well then that would not go over well... So that option is out. I am thinking that after today if this tuna scooner dosen't get off its *** & do something really impressive then I am going to stick my blown 540 in it & run from divison 6. for the amount of time I am giving up, it might work out better if I can sustain a higher speed... We see. It will be what it is & the party will happen regardless when its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

capnzee
09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Maximus, I admire your fortitude! You are definitley a huge man in this sport! Thanks for your support in this race. :) Rod

Tony Scarlata
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I plan on being very nice with the GN24. Im looking forward to just hanging with my buddy Maxi!!

MAXIMUS
09-26-2007, 03:42 AM
I plan on being very nice with the GN24. Im looking forward to just hanging with my buddy Maxi!!

Thats right!;) Its all about friends sharing & caring....:D

Tony Scarlata
09-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Thats right!;) Its all about friends sharing & caring....:D

F U!!!

MAXIMUS
09-26-2007, 03:50 PM
F U!!!

Yes Tony it is F U N! you just forgot the N there little buddy!:D

Tony Scarlata
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
You make me laugh!!:D

ePerformanceMarine
09-26-2007, 07:28 PM
You make me laugh!!:D
Next thing we know you two will be swappin spit:D

MAXIMUS
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Next thing we know you two will be swappin spit:D

No need to be jealous of a good relationship! Tony is one of those special people that you have to really get past the fame & fortune to see that inside he is just a normal guy that gets up to go to work like the rest of us...:rolleyes: I love you man bring it in for the real thing!:D

Tony Scarlata
09-27-2007, 08:35 AM
No need to be jealous of a good relationship! Tony is one of those special people that you have to really get past the fame & fortune to see that inside he is just a normal guy that gets up to go to work like the rest of us...:rolleyes: I love you man bring it in for the real thing!:D

I'm a little choked up here. :o

MAXIMUS
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm a little choked up here. :o

Pull that pipe out of your throat & you will probably notice a difference!:)

Tony Scarlata
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Pull that pipe out of your throat & you will probably notice a difference!:)

Just when I think you might not be such an ***, BOOM!

ePerformanceMarine
09-27-2007, 11:39 PM

As long as you guys are not rubbin "Whiskers" in public:D

MAXIMUS
09-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Just when I think you might not be such an ***, BOOM!

Bam! bada bing! Tony "we" are gonna have a lot of fun!:)

capnzee
09-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Bakersfield racers ALERT! When you are diving into the first turn, remember Parker is only a couple of weeks away. We already lost a division I boat at Orange Texas this week--We cannot afford to lose more. There are a lot of Bakersfields but only one shot a year at Parker--Be careful--save your stuff!:) Rod

MAXIMUS
09-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I need to bring wiskers to bako just so I have a back up engine for the gn if needed to get my points. As long as its there I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a few laps in nostalgia to see how it does in race water with other boats. Last thing I intend to do is hurt it 2 weeks prior to the biggest race of the year! Besides if something tragic were to happen I would get my openbow jet boat out there & run in divison 1 if necessary! I will be in this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bowman
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I am getting all misty eyed here.:confused:

Ben not much can be said for you, I defenatly found an even higher respect for you after this weekend, and all the help you gave me and are giving me with the tank and all. You are a true asset to the sport and a great friend to have around, even if you have the stupid long hair.:D

Old school took a beating this weekend and am scrambleing to get her back together. I will be traveling for work till Oct 18th so not a lot of time for me to work on the boat. Brian Wilson, Ben, Ron, Tinker, Chad, Dianna have all volenteered to help get Oldschool together for the race. I have faith in the team.

Thanks Team.

See you in Parker.

Bowman

MAXIMUS
10-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I am getting all misty eyed here.:confused:

Ben not much can be said for you, I defenatly found an even higher respect for you after this weekend, and all the help you gave me and are giving me with the tank and all. You are a true asset to the sport and a great friend to have around, even if you have the stupid long hair.:D

Old school took a beating this weekend and am scrambleing to get her back together. I will be traveling for work till Oct 18th so not a lot of time for me to work on the boat. Brian Wilson, Ben, Ron, Tinker, Chad, Dianna have all volenteered to help get Oldschool together for the race. I have faith in the team.

Thanks Team.

See you in Parker.

Bowman

Pat I will help you any way I can. I have the gas tank, & will set it up the way Ron wants it. Also can add material to your skag if necessary... I figure if I don't win & you do I can tell people thats my homie out there!:D Plus Ron will then owe me which is kinda nice....:D :D :D

MAXIMUS
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
You know its funny... I ran wiskers at bako this weekend to finalize it... Now its completely gutted in my garage & I am already fixing everything...:rolleyes: I decided there were too many question marks on certain parts for longevity... Now I am up to my *** in work & burning the candle at both ends... God I love racing! I can't wait till we can just let out a big breath of air & sit to bull**** over some fine beverages & burritos...

steve sr.
10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Does anybody have an e-mail address or phone number for lifeline. We need to rent a vest or two depending on if my son and I can wear the same one and at least one helmet. I heard that they would be at Parker for the race but I'd rather not wait until the last minute to set things up.....HELP PLEASE

steve sr.

got to have the right equipment when we pass that lazer (haha)

647and918
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
There are a number of ways to contact them:

Web: http://www.lifelinejackets.com
Phone: (928) 669-9241
Email: sales@lifelinejackets.com

Am I going to have to call them for you too??? Sheesh... If you aren't going to help put the boat together.... :rolleyes:

bowman
10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Ben

the first on is on me my friend!!!:D The rest are on you:eek:

Thanks for the help Ben, im up to my elbows in this new job and there is no way i could put this together without you and the rest of the group. I went streight from the race in Bakersfield to work, and will not be home until the 18th, so if i run it will be because of the great friends i have got me there. The good think is I am Paid so I am somwhat comitted.

thanks

Bowman