PDA

View Full Version : i picked up mike quindazzis (spelling?) old modvp boat!

wing nut
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
hey guys.

heres the boat i picked up from upstate, it is said to be mike quindazi's old race boat:) looks just like it form the pictures ive seen.. heres a few pics!
the boat seems real soild.. and really light!

wing nut
02-09-2005, 03:08 PM
interier

wing nut
02-09-2005, 03:09 PM
i got the seat, gastank and dual ride guide steering with the boat but these were pics i snapped on teh way home when we stoped at a gas station:)

s2x2
07-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi

I've known Mike Quandazzi's boats since his first Laser race boat, which I owned after him. This boat wasn't as fast as his first boat, but it was still a very nice boat.

Good luck with it.

wing nut
08-06-2007, 03:46 PM
i actually met mike and spoke to him about the boat and he told me this one was faster then his first boat and handled much better. im in the proces of rebuilding it right now. foam stringers, new transom, filled in splashwell.. the works.

scott

s2x2
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi

If you talk to Mike again, tell him Scott Goldman from Rockland Marine says hi.

slowverado
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
This is the boat that Joe Burgess was supposed to drive in 1982 at St. Louis and Roark ended up driving it. My dad bought it a few months later and we have had it since. It has only sat in the back of my place here for about 8 years but is going to have a new transom put in and the floorboard replaced soon so I can start rebuilding it. Going to make a 4 seater out of it and throw a Jay Smith 2.5L 260

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/slowverado/IMG_1061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/slowverado/IMG_1063.jpg

wing nut
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
when i talked to mike he said that this boat was actually lighter and faster then his other boat. or maybe it was that it handled better?

i was going to replace the knees of the boat and transom since i knew they were getting soft.. i ended up ripping the stringers and everything out (core was good thank god).

ive been slacking big time on finishing it but heres what im up to... foam stringers and knees are in. new transom is in... THESE PICS ARENT THAT RECENT. the stringers are glassed over and so is the transom.

i need to still cover the splash well and do some other glassowork inside the boat (seat box, battery box etc.)

now i did run the boat for one season and it fly's pretty nice. ive had it to the mid 90's and its very comfortable to drive. im hoping for over 100 next summer :)

Ted March
10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Is that you driving?

wing nut
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Is that you driving?

yupp heres a few shots from the rumble on the river 2006, there was a 700' drag course and i decided to run it :)