PDA

View Full Version : NEW Runne CSR

mercguy
09-03-2007, 02:14 PM
here is my new 2007 1/2 Runne CSR............John Runne's craftsmanship is AWESOME. Look out for this boat in 2008..........;) ;)

PS: it will get some red accent painting over the winter...........

might have to have John build me a DSR for Top O' next year!

mercguy
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
a couple more pics........

stokernick
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
:eek: :eek: that's almost too pretty to get wet!Nice boat!:cool:

mercguy
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
:eek: :eek: that's almost too pretty to get wet!Nice boat!:cool:

THANKS! I always have a hard time putting a NEW race boat on the race course for the first time........:eek:

David Weaver
10-25-2007, 04:30 AM
might have to have John build me a DSR for Top O' next year!

The boat looks great. How getting John to build you a 500 runabout for the world championships in October? I am sure that you can find an engine in region 10!:D

mercguy
10-25-2007, 07:39 AM
The boat looks great. How getting John to build you a 500 runabout for the world championships in October? I am sure that you can find an engine in region 10!:D

don't start David........:D :eek: :D

David Mason
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Go for it Darren... 500R is the most exciting class in USTS in my opinion. I will even PB for you at an event ! The only thing I woul dnot reccomend is you hanging a 500 on that new runabout ! Although I bet someone in your area might try it.....:D :D

mercguy
10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Go for it Darren... 500R is the most exciting class in USTS in my opinion. I will even PB for you at an event ! The only thing I woul dnot reccomend is you hanging a 500 on that new runabout ! Although I bet someone in your area might try it.....:D :D

I ain't skeered!!! But, no way a 500 would get bolted to this boat! David, during my "stock outboard dilemna" last off season (when I had plans to have the Runne built), I "almost" had the boat built for 125, but settled down and went the stock route. 250 or 350R would be cool though!

mercguy
10-25-2007, 05:42 PM

I ain't skeered!!! But, no way a 500 would get bolted to this boat! David, during the "stock outboard dilemna" last off season (when I had plans to have the Runne built), I "almost" had the boat built for 125, but settled down and went the stock route. 250 or 350R would be cool though!

I was "ropin'" for Litzell and his 500R at Inverness this past year though..........not to hard to start, them VRP's.....

Allen J. Lang
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey Daren- I hope you are goinging to install a kneeling board in the new boat. Looks like a winner. I ran a race at Lake Zoar, CT without pads, picked the boat up at the early morning hours in Branford, CT, and lo and behold, the first race (CU) was in the roughest water. Made the best starts I probably ever made against the best in the country and for about a lap left them way behind. Well by the end of the heat, they just about had to carry me out of the boat and I was numb. Get that floor board in WITH padding.:eek: The knees NEED it.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

mercguy
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey Daren- I hope you are goinging to install a kneeling board in the new boat. Looks like a winner. I ran a race at Lake Zoar, CT without pads, picked the boat up at the early morning hours in Branford, CT, and lo and behold, the first race (CU) was in the roughest water. Made the best starts I probably ever made against the best in the country and for about a lap left them way behind. Well by the end of the heat, they just about had to carry me out of the boat and I was numb. Get that floor board in WITH padding.:eek: The knees NEED it.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Al, the floorboard was not in the boat, when the pictures were taken. But, I pad the heck out of my boats (2" on floor and 1" on cockpit sides). My poor knees need it!!!!!!

Allen J. Lang
10-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Daren-keep us posted how she handles and how you do with it. It sure is a BEAUTY. Are you a roll up or flat turner? I used to flat turn my rigs unless I got caught on the inside of the pack.
Best of luck with the new boat.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al :cool:

mercguy
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Daren-keep us posted how she handles and how you do with it. It sure is a BEAUTY. Are you a roll up or flat turner? I used to flat turn my rigs unless I got caught on the inside of the pack.
Best of luck with the new boat.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al :cool:

and am having SERIOUS thoughts of having Runne build me a DSR also..........;)

Joe Silvestri 36-S
10-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Daren,

Beautiful boat! I'm sure you really like driving that rig! I saw the pictures from last summer's nationals and it looked like it was running good.

If you are interested in a Runne DSR I know that Bill Walker Sr. had one for sale at Zanesville last summer. My understanding is that it was built for Nuccio in Florida about four years ago, he raced it, wrecked it and Scott Read bought it and fixed it for CMR but said the boat was to big. You may want to look into that.

mercguy
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I finally got a little color added to the new boat........a few more little things (Runnecraft decals and pinstripping) and it will be ready for 2008. Ron, this is the tower I want polished......

Ted March
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
That is beautious.

Allen J. Lang
12-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Daren- If it runs as well as it looks, you have a winner. :D
Ye Olde Desert Geezer :cool:

Jeff Akers
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM
very nice ! :cool:

mercguy
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
very nice ! :cool:

now, on to painting a JDS DSH!;)

mercguy
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Daren- If it runs as well as it looks, you have a winner. :D
Ye Olde Desert Geezer :cool:

I sure hope so!!! Thanks Al!

I might have to put this one in the house now, as my trailer and shop are full of other boats!:eek::eek:

arcticracer
12-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Very sexy lookin rig, goin to hate to get it banged up for the first time! You know it will......

mercguy
12-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Very sexy lookin rig, goin to hate to get it banged up for the first time! You know it will......

paint and wood are replaceable.............but, let's hope that does not need to happen for quite some time. I have managed to keep a few of my boats undamaged throughout the years........

Seanp3
12-25-2007, 10:27 AM
paint and wood are replaceable.............but, let's hope that does not need to happen for quite some time. I have managed to keep a few of my boats undamaged throughout the years........

That is until you passed it onto me.........then I had to have you put a new cockpit side in it for me :D

mercguy
12-25-2007, 10:36 AM
That is until you passed it onto me.........then I had to have you put a new cockpit side in it for me :D

then you passed it back to me and I .............blow it over TESTING at the Nationals...............:eek::eek::eek::eek: It is still in my trailer with the temp fix...............might be ran at Bako that way also!:(