02-15-2005, 01:18 AM
The Russians have published a very interesting book;
Powerboating history since 1904 to present day including
a whole lot of pictures + propeller theory by one of the
best propmakers Chuke Atamanov who builds props for all
classes including F 1.

Mark75H
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Thomas, where can that book be purchased and how much does it cost? It looks very interesting.

Jeff Lytle
02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Look carefully, you can see the lower unit and the pipes. of an engine that looks very German. :)

Other than 1/2 of the lower unit and prop, the rest of it's totally airborne.
What kind of speeds would this rig do?

Thomas
02-16-2005, 04:00 PM
I know the boat was very fast for sure but I believe there was some problems with the cornering, nothing to hold in the turns anyhow the
right man to ask is Chuke Atamanov himself.

chuke@pantteam.com

He can also sell the book (including an article on building the wingboat)
for 45 € or 80 € for 2!

Thomas
02-19-2005, 06:17 AM
:D I can now send a couple of books if you are interested!

Fred Hauenstein
02-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Thomas, Is there an English language translation of the Russian book available? It looks like there is a lot of good prop, boat, etc. theory but I can't read it....

Thanks,

Merc66G
02-21-2005, 01:29 PM
This is Joe Franck here, If you are considering ordering one of these let me know I will send you a check to pay for a book and 1/2 of the shipping costs :D

Thomas
03-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately I do not know of any translations available at the moment,
I have been browsing the book back and forth very interesting even though I do not understand one single word, the pics alone are worth the price!

I feel very lucky when had the opportunity to listen to Chuke (the author)
telling me a lot luckily in plain english.

Just think of all the ideas those crazy Russians have come up with,
one pic is worth more than 1000 words and there is a lot of them!

At the moment I do not have any extra books but my frend has 2 copies left he could sell!

Master Oil Racing Team
03-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I am very interested in the Russian book. I was waiting for a reponse to reply. It doesn't matter to me if there is an English version (I would like one also but I wouldn't expect one). I am interested in the photos.

I have a couple of interesting posts regarding Russian racing for later maybe, but for now I say because of studying Russian in high school I became friends with a Russian lady and her son, (half Russian-half German) in Berlin. Debbie and I stayed with them on our honeymoon and they came to Texas a few times to visit. Our Russian lady friend and her companion went to the 1977 Pro Nationals in Hinton West Virginia with us.

I am interested in one of those books if Fred or Merc66G isn't.