PDA

View Full Version : Rules-fuel-boats That Don't Seem To Fit In A Division

capnzee
10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Roger Carr will be inspecting and I will be assisting him. We have a special measuring stick that will ensure all outboards and outdrives will be measured the same. Thank you Chad Hill! We have a new scale and will have hoist equipment on sight, so if your boat requires it to be a certain weight, plan on having it weighed. We expect you to provide your own lifting straps but I will have a set if you can't come up with your own. I have offered to weigh boats and so far only one has come forward. If you have not weighed in by Friday at close of registration, we may not get to you and you may be demoted to the next division--this is conerning outboards many of whom think late is ok! I will be setting the course Saturday morning and still haven't heard from any volunteers! Surely some of you guys who have been making all the noise can step up and help an old man. First class is scheduled to go off at 10:00--don't forget we are on Arizona time!!!No excuses!!!We will be measuring carbs (thanks Lee Buchanon for providing the Gage) on the Merc 150's in Div. I as well as fuel samples as compared to the "pump" gas in the Parker Oil fuel truck. Remember guys this is a race for FUN. Nothing would spoil the show quicker than some one purposely cheating! Nuff said!:) Rod PS if you have a boat that doesn't seem to fit the rules, call me first and I guarantee you that we will find a Division for you to run in! Just be honest with me so that I can help you in a manner fair to the rest of the competition!

fyremanbill
10-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll need to weigh before the race. I don't have any straps, so I'd like to borrow your if I can.

capnzee
10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Plan on using my straps Bill--my straps are generic so we will have to raise the boat to get the straps under the boat. If you would like to avoid the last minute confusion, I will meet you (on my turf) and we can weigh the boat prior to the race. :) Rod

fyremanbill
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I'd like to do that, if I can get my act together on time. Still a lot to do in 10 days.

capnzee
10-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds to me like the race has already started! Lots of guys in the same boots. Keep plugg'n 10 das, thats 240 hours-you can build a whole boat in that time. :) Rod

647and918
10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I need to have mine weighed also (and also don't have straps)... I'm also scrambling to get ready... Where exactly are you if I have a chance to get it done ahead of time???

ePerformanceMarine
10-10-2007, 11:51 PM
When do you plan on being in the area Rod ?

capnzee
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm in the area now and will be until race time. I have the scales, straps and a hoist at King Harbor Yacht Club in Redondo Beach, I can arrange to be there most any time, I only live 8 minutes away. KHYC is at the west end of 190th street. If you have a street navigator, the address is 280 yacht club way. :) Rod