PDA

View Full Version : G-47 Noreaster

Adamslbt
10-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey, Here's my first post of my partner's boat. It's a 375 class garvey and I'm one of the Co-pilots. Our last club race was in Chattanooga, Tn and we are looking forward to a good 2008. I'll post some pics of my own garvey over the weekend and some race pics. Enjoy
1-Green flag -- Race on!!:)
2-Look close, they are the other co-pilots shoes after hitting water:eek:
3-Start of last race, we are third from left
4-Just flying
5-Close race
6-Dry pit
7-More flying

Skoontz
11-01-2007, 06:12 AM
They look like high performance jon boats with truck pull truck engines and the cockpit of a cracker box. Where are you guys racing I'll bet it's a fun class to drive and watch!

Adamslbt
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey, The pics are from 10/12 and 10/13. That was the last club race and also the farthest race from our home base of Southern New Jersey. Our website is www.ecbrcnj.com and we mainly race in the areas around Long Beach Island, NJ, which is 30 miles north of Atlantic City. However, since Chattanooga went so well, we may head to Michigan and Long Island for 2008. I will provide updates to our race season to this site and hopefully we will come to a town near you. Our website explains the classes we race. I haven't found any references to Garveys on this site. These boats started as clammers boats because of their shallow draft a long time ago. They also grew into race boats. I'll post pics of my Garvey tomorrow. It's a 358 Class racer.

Adamslbt
11-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey everyone, if you have some extra time, here is a link to more great pictures from our races in Chattanooga! The first set is Ricky and Dennis crashing in "Radical Red". Dennis, the Co-pilot, got knocked out but he came out fine with some hyperextended muscles and bruises. There are some more near misses as you go through. Enjoy.:D
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?shopperid=L7M3L2W48UWH8KWJT6T9QQ7V KDKL8KR9&userid=sharkeyimages&gallery_id=880007&curpage=1

Adamslbt
12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone. FSN(Fox Sports Network) broadcast the Chattanooga races today at 4:00pm. I know that its too late now but, Comcast Sports Network(CSN) is rebroadcasting the show this upcoming Sunday from 2:00 - 3:00pm. Look ahead to Sunday for those of you who don't have CSN, because it will be broadcast on another channel like FSN. On the TV menus, it will say "Powerboat Racing" and if you check the info, it will say "OPA Offshore Series". If you have a tough time finding it, go to www.americanpowerboat.tv and then schedule to see other potential channels. The majority of the show is the ocean powerboats, but our Garveys and Skiffs are in there and the third guy interviewed is Larry Palmer(Caveman-self explanatory)--the owner/driver of this boat, Noreaster:D. I recently completed our club video of the races. I will upload it to YouTube and provide a link-fun stuff!! It's just over 5 minutes. We will be back in Chattanooga 10/10-12/08, and new races in St. Clair, MI 7/25-27/08, Patchogue, NY 8/22-24/08, and Cambridge, MD 9/19-21/08. We will also have 10 local races in South Jersey in June through September. Sundays only and dates to be announced.

RichardKCMo
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Can't be a real sanctioned race tho' as the drivers are nearly naked, must be a river thing.
Well maybe some rule!!! WOW
Richard

Adamslbt
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Richard, I have to thank you for your heading but question your intent with the message. My thread is under the heading "Show us Your Boats", not "Show us your Rules". Furthermore, it's not a River Thing, as it's been a "Bay Thing", technically speaking, for 55 years with our club. And, these boats were raced before the club formed, as we have quite a rich history surrounding Garveys and Skiffs. We are fortunate to be invited as a club, by John Haggin and the group of Ocean Powerboats to race during their weekend. We can't thank them enough and have a lot of respect for them. Regardless of the race rules, they have provided an opportunity for us to show people our boats and long history. The people we encountered have never even heard the word Garvey, let alone seen one. So, the invite to the race weekend, and short amount of time our boats were included with the Ocean Powerboats to be nationally televised is extremely important to our club, as it allows our boats to be "Shown".
One more thing; before writing something that could be construed as negative in nature, especially about Rules, first, follow the forum Rules and don't be negative!;)