PDA

View Full Version : history on FA90

crankbearing
11-11-2007, 05:21 AM
HI Paul,

I was cleaning up on Friday and I pulled my block out of the box and was looking at it and finally got the serial # off the block. So it is FA90. Any luck on the history of it.

Regards,

Original Looper 1
11-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Dave,

I have no problem looking up engine numbers in the original Quincy Welding record books for my friends.

According to the serial number book, FA90 was originally sold to a gentleman by the name of Haefeling.

The original bore was 2.125
Piston specifics were 905 dome, 20%/15% angle & L Ring P.O.B.

When I get a chance, I will look through the original dyno cards and see if I can find any for FA90. If I do, I will post it here.

How is the restoration on your Looper coming along?

thanks,

Paul A Christner

crankbearing
11-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Paul,

Things are slow on any of my stuff right now. I need a crank and reed cage I can salvage the pistons and change the rods and I have to rebuild the cylinder head as there has been lots of damage in there. I could will probably install a Mark 25 crank and get a reed cage modified to the same specs. The one thing I do need to find is another stuffer, on my original cage the stops are cut in half top and bottom and then a large metal plate is screwed on to one side I only have one of those plates and need to find another.

Regards