PDA

View Full Version : Mercury 55H Oversize Tail Cone Fix? Who dooes?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
12-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I have a Mercury 55H gearcase whose tailcone and case inner threads are too loose from wear and I need a thread re-work with an oversize cone kit. Who is doing that sort of work these days and how can I get a hold of the party doing them to make arrangements to get it done soon? Post here or email me at catwerx@hotmail.com

Allen J. Lang
12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
John contact OldRacerBU in the membership listing. He and his brother has done some great work on this problem.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al :cool:

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the lead on who does it. I will make the contact.

Tomtall
12-28-2007, 09:59 PM
John - Al is correct. I had a chance to view Alan VanWeels fix at the fall AOMCI meet at Mark Sutters. First rate work. Here is a pic I took of the one that was there. Alan can reached at apvw1@aol.com

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
12-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Looks like a nice job alright, thanks for the picture, I am going to make contact and get it done. :)

Aeroliner
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
We have completed over 30 repairs on the worn out threads and all worked well. Now we have new billet cone nuts and bearing carriers for the D's, A/B/C's to follow soon. D drive shafts should be done in about 6 weeks along with water pump cartridges. We hope to do prop shafts this fall and a few other things.

Alan