PDA

View Full Version : Molinari Sprint Fun

David Alaniz
12-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I drove my bunns off with this one. I felt so in tuned with her, she could only make me happy if I did my part.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I guess you remember Motorsport David? This photo of the start of the 1972 Galveston Aqua Speed Classic. Joe Rome is the one who discovered editor Harry Echols at Myers Speedway in Houston. And most issues had coverage of at least one boat race and sometimes two. I was looking for an issue that had a closeup of you, but I haven't found one yet. I found two with Hiram Muecke and I guess that boat that was taken away.

WharfRat
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
I definately know some names there, anyone know how to get a hold of Dave Burnett?

catndahats
01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Great post David!

That is the kind of racing I remember watching as a kid. So many of those names were my heroes. Anyone besides me ever wonder what happened to all those old boats?

Thanks a million for posting the pictures and old MotorSport...great way to start the new year!

Nate

David Alaniz
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I guess you remember Motorsport David? This photo of the start of the 1972 Galveston Aqua Speed Classic. Joe Rome is the one who discovered editor Harry Echols at Myers Speedway in Houston. And most issues had coverage of at least one boat race and sometimes two. I was looking for an issue that had a closeup of you, but I haven't found one yet. I found two with Hiram Muecke and I guess that boat that was taken away.

Nice Pic....A different view from the other side. I can see our sprint with the stackers (we always seem to be one engine generation behind mercury) on the far side. On one of my other pics we were sitting there waiting for the flag to drop for the start.

Bob Witt 36, always a competitor and fast. Hard to beat.

tthibodaux
01-01-2008, 05:55 PM
I guess you remember Motorsport David? This photo of the start of the 1972 Galveston Aqua Speed Classic. Joe Rome is the one who discovered editor Harry Echols at Myers Speedway in Houston. And most issues had coverage of at least one boat race and sometimes two. I was looking for an issue that had a closeup of you, but I haven't found one yet. I found two with Hiram Muecke and I guess that boat that was taken away.Is there a name beside the picture of the lady? Looks like my mom.:eek:

Master Oil Racing Team
01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
No name Tim, but it wouldn't be the first time I took a pic of someone connected in some way to the racing events....either a wife, girlfriend or friend of a driver, pit crew, tow boats, etc. I was just told to take pics of attractive chicks to be included in the roll of film of racing. I didn't ask who they were. I just took notice and snapped a frame or two. Harry liked to throw them into the mix. Powerboat did the same thing with a feature page they called "Turned On". I'm sure Ron and the other Powerboat readers from the 60's will remember that. I remember once taking the pic of a cute girl as we came into the pits for a break. It was an OPC event at Baytown and as I was focusing and then eventually took the pic, the driver of the boat never changed direction, said a word or did anything to indicate he knew her. After the boat was tied up she came up and kissed him. I felt lucky not to have been whacked on the head.:D But then maybe he was proud that his chick made a good photo shoot and would later use that info to his advantage.;):D.

I don't recall Gene ever mentioning it and I am sure he saw the copy, but it's been so long ago, I cannot say for sure. Best thing is to show the pic to your Mom. Wow....if it is...........how cool can that be?:cool:

Ron Hill
01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Is that John Taylor from Hot Spring, Arkansas the John Taylor on BRF???

The names on the post is really cool...

Mike Wallace in KM (GN) and OUTBOARD...