PDA

View Full Version : Early Flying Southern Start

David Alaniz
12-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I am in our Checkmate on the inside. All those tunnels and only one has the edge....Bob Witt....but not by much.

tthibodaux
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Looks like that family of 4 way on the inside is holdin on pretty dang good to me.:D Just kiddin!

You didn't race with Jim Foreman by chance did you?

WharfRat
12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
damn Tim, there's another name I forgot, remember him from the little "fizzle 500" races that were run at pier 7 on Clear Lake (I think I got pics from back then)

David Alaniz
01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Looks like that family of 4 way on the inside is holdin on pretty dang good to me.:D Just kiddin!

You didn't race with Jim Foreman by chance did you?

Yes, I do remember Jim Forman. I just don't remember what year he started racing. By the way, I also remember Tthibodaux. How does he relate to you?

tthibodaux
01-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Yes, I do remember Jim Forman. I just don't remember what year he started racing. By the way, I also remember Tthibodaux. How does he relate to you?Jim was my grandfather and Gene Thibodaux is my dad! I'm not real sure when Jim started racing but I'll find out from mom and let you know. I do know he did alot of racing all through the 70's and 80's.

catndahats
01-14-2008, 07:14 AM
David,
Thanks for posting more photos of the good-ol-days! That is the boat I remember you running when I was a kid.

Where were those photos taken? I'm just curious.

Nate

David Alaniz
01-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Jim was my grandfather and Gene Thibodaux is my dad! I'm not real sure when Jim started racing but I'll find out from mom and let you know. I do know he did alot of racing all through the 70's and 80's.

You have to remember, I was pretty young....at that time. I remember both coming on strong and wanting the best. I remember telling my dad it was good to have someone else committed to breaking the pack. You come from a good back ground with plenty of experience. Keep up the good work!

David Alaniz
01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
David,
Thanks for posting more photos of the good-ol-days! That is the boat I remember you running when I was a kid.

Where were those photos taken? I'm just curious.

Nate

Nate,
This photo was taken at the old Bayshore Boat Club. Located off Monmeth(sp) Dr. on I-10. Most of the races were run there. A real good place for races. Some drag races and 5 lapers were run here as well. I liked this place because of the long straight aways. But, it could get real rough. I won my first race in a drag race. Don't laugh....the class was 45 -50 mph.:D It was in a deep-v Formula. More of a skiing / fishing boat. I was about 13 years old.