PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Speedboat Club

Ron Hill
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Ken and Gloria Steelman were editors, commodore and general everything for LASA for many years...

1964 issue..Note on front cover: Bill's (Boyes) brother-in-law...Logan's

Gomer Snodgrass is driving a DeSilva "FLYING SLING SHOT" Hydro...Now days they call these boats "Pickle forks"...

Ron Hill
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
"TOAD" and or "Grover" could never be as happy as I am with my new scanner skills...

Steven Curry
01-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Like the ads too...spent many a weekend at Southwest Sporting hanging out with Mickey before Dan moved to Apple Valley. Love the phone numbers also.

Allen J. Lang
01-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Ron- Great posting. Can you believe the mention of gas at 35 cents per gallon? Love the prices shown in the for sale postings. :D The write up on Lake Spivy brings back memories. Met Ray Jefferies there, quite a racer. Any of you Texans have any info to post on Ray's racing days?
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al :cool:

Skoontz
01-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I saw a number of racers who lived in Carlsbad, and Escondido. It would be fun to see if they are still around, and maybe get them to an antique event.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
I knew you could do it Ron. What a great investment. With that you can scan old pics and clean them up with your computer.

I never knew Marcel was that much of a powerhouse. When did he quit driving? It must have been before we met him in 1969. He was sure dumping a lot of stuff on the market after amassing a ton of points in 1964.