PDA

View Full Version : Dads collection

J-Dub
01-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Here are a couple of the 8 loopers he has. There are two deflectors buried in the pile too. He said the were 5 B's, 2 A's, 1 D, and an A, b and a 60" deflector. I will dig them out and take better photos later.

J-Dub

BTW; I need a 6 Looper for Howards Anderson's KR I bought just for some "Cool Factor" any ideas???

Mark75H
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
I see 2 60 inch deflectors ... and 2 more of the 100 or so real Mark75H lower units and mid sections ... that's a real treasure house.

It might be easier to find 2 more D's and make a 6 like a few racers did.

Original Looper 1
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
J-Dub,

The A Looper with the serial number FA-1 caught my eye. I checked the original Quincy Welding production serial number book and it is indeed the VERY FIRST A production Looper manufactured by Quincy Welding. It was sold to your father, John Myers. Take care of your priceless treasure!

thanks,

Paul A Christner

J-Dub
01-30-2008, 04:09 PM
The F's are 66" blocks. There is a third tower and foot disassembled not shown in the photo. I will get pictures of the 60" engines later with the rest of the stuff. He also has a a 60" deflector with padded heads an open "Box" exhaust like Entrop used in '58 or so.
I am surprised nobody noticed the 650XS in the back ground of one of the photos. There is also a complete one in the other room.
Under the blanket on the far right is his 30h he ran only one more after setting the CSR 1 1/4 record ahead of Mr. Hill. Then Ron kicked his *** the following year...

J-Dub