PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Fuel

A/B Speedliner
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
These fuel cans came with the purchase of Quincy converted 20H I purchased together with a 1957 Sid Craft B Hydro. The hydro has a Quincy fuel tank secured in the cockpit. Do you think I could send them back for a refill, LOL.

David Van Weele

Allen J. Lang
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi Dave- Looks like you got some collector cans. Refills would be by Power Mist, Rick Fales in NJ. His dad purchased Sweeney's formulas only when Sweeney was closing shop. To bad that Bill Fales is no longer with us as he had quite a bit of history over the years.
Keep the history of anything in your and Alan's collections coming.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer :cool:

A/B Speedliner
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi Al

Yes I remember Bill very well. I remember racing him in the Feature Race at many EORC races. We would be running the 22CI B+ engine and could turn inside of his bigger setup but he would fly by on the straight and we catch up in the tight turns that EORC was famous for/. Those were great times but I really enjoy what we are doing now.

Shadow is the engine we ran in the feature races and the 20H with the stacks is the engine owned by Lester Rose from Oyster Bay which was worked on by Quincy.

David Van Weele

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
This picture is the second time (1 st time was on Ebay for auction recently)
I have seen a Quincy rope plate / shiv on a Merc 20H & Mark 15 Flywheel but only the first time I ever seen that flywheel nut and I have both of them gathering dust on the shelf here in excellent shape not knowing what engines they were for, for years now.

I will never use them so if you readers got some Anzani or Harrison parts gathering dust on your shelves lets do some creative swapping? I do want to hear from you!

email me anytime at - catrwerx@hotmail.com or call me evenings at: (204) 667-3815 if you want to do some swapping on this.