PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Racing Verado 350 (hp) SCi

march3stv
02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
See Link below...:cool:

http://www.mercuryracing.com/verado350/

Skoontz
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
When I was at the local Merc dealer, I saw the 300 version of that motor. 4 stroke, compressed induction, etc....What I find especially curious, is that out of that really good piece of advertising, not one mention (unless I missed it) from anything or anyone, that this engine is 4 stroke.... What are they trying to mask? Perhaps they know the 4 stroke is not real popular amongst performance boaters? I dunno....What are your thoughts?

mercmack
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks To Epa And The "green People" Thats All There Going To Make Anymore...the Latest One Is A 4 Stroke And It Is 350 Hp....
They Also Introduced A New 20 Hp 2 Cyl Model At The Miami Boat Show This Weekend, But Its Also A 4 Stroke But It Does Wieght At 118 Lbs..mot To Bad...but The Omc/merc A Eng Wieghts At About 70lbs..its The Cyl Head And Related Gear Train That Make It Heave....
The "green People" Have The Upper Hand These Days And Its Only Going To Get Worse...if The Have There Way We'll Be Back To Wood Power..(oars):d....and If You Stand Next To That Merc 350 Its About 10ft Tall

Ted March
02-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Just the right height for hanging a basketball hoop.

Skoontz
02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
How can such a moron as Al Gore document and have stick as a catch word, "Green"???

What I was getting at is at this point in time, Mercury knows that 4 strokes are considered used by strokes in the performance boating world...So, they simply focus on the power and quiet rather than mention the four stroke, which by the way, pollutes just as much as a two stroke that would go much faster on less power.....

Here is where they twist the crap....It takes a 350 HP 4 stroke times 3 to go 83 MPH on that Fountain fishing boat. Two 225 E-tecs would go almost as fast with more acceleration and less pollution. Or, a pair of 300 Optimax would most likely be faster, with FAR less pollution..... So, when does 1/3 to more cylinders running on anything, make less pollution? Answer is NEVER!....NEVER......

Unless the sheer size (displacement) changes, say one could use a 20 cubic inch engine to make the same power/torque as a 90 cubic inch engine, regardless of what you do for design (4 stroke/2stroke/rotory) you will not even make a noticeable dent in pollutants.

This has proved out in the lawn/garden industry that it is not 4 stroke/two stroke that makes their case, it is size and number of pistons pumping that creates the levels of pollution they use to make the scare.

It proves out in the auto industry, as compact death traps using 140 cubic inch engines pollute far less than autos using V-8 engines.....

Freeken rocket science I tell ya!

Anyhow, nice looking motor, very clever and deceiving bit of advertising, even if it is a Merc, too bad they are on the green track.... The sound of that word makes me puke....