PDA

View Full Version : O.K. Roger and Frank.........

Jeff Lytle
04-17-2008, 07:24 PM
It's SPRING! Wrap some ropes round' them flywheels and let em' rip!

Don't forget the camera! Post pictures and mpeg movies!! :D

Dave_E71
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Jeff,

Modern technology works fine with old "iron", we don't need no stinkin' ropes. When Frank brings his to my house again (and they're timed correctly this time :D ) we're using my electric starter

fbref5269
04-18-2008, 02:54 AM
jeff,

tax season is over down here, i'm out of the tax cave, and now i can get back to important stuff like the loopers. i need big dave agusistine to put his blessing on my rebuilt quickie. and i need to get new blue plug wires for fc52.

davie is right i'm going to bring the a looper down to his house to time correctly.

when we get the loopers wet i will make sure we have a film crew there. we'll even film the cops coming by to say hi to us.

i'm looking for a b looper powerhead if anyone knows of one gathering dust.

take care all,

frank

Jeff Lytle
04-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Frank..........You have PM

RogerH
04-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Jeff,
I really do need a prodding, but I've got several things robbing my time that can't be avoided. I did get the Looper done but still want colored ceramic coating on the megaphones. Worked all winter on the C-7 motor, so have that ready to go too. The real problem is a lawsuit associated with the sale of our NY cottage. Next week I hope to start the garage all the boats and motors belong in. I brought the Molinari back from NY and picked up a Johnson V6 RS for it last Sunday. The RS came with an extra Wilbur Weeks 160cu.in. powerhead, so won't have to run the RS all the time. After the garage is done my first priority will be getting the Molinari ship shape. Have always wanted on of them! I ought to bring the Looper to a event somewhere and get some help setting it up and started. I'll probably lose most of this season, but want to make a few events if possible. Take care everyone.
Roger

Allen J. Lang
04-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Roger, that Johnson is one mean looking machine. All the best getting the Molinari and Johnson back on the water.:D
Ye Olde Desert Geezer :cool:

aojesus
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Did that particular Molinari take a vacation at P.J.'s Cafe in Fishers Landing?
Seems like I remember one being there in the late 90's.

I used to have one until somebodies burning barrel got out of control.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Getting a Quincy Flathead sorted out and running is really no worse than doing it with a Modified or Stocker save for its much easier to rope over being it has the L single ring pistons and using a good large flat smooth test wheel. Your ignition system will burn water and being its CD your going to be using a timing light at some point just like a car. If it does not blow up LOL! the only thing you will find different about setting it up is the high speed needles the motor using methanol react, the motor reacts way slower to richening or leaning it out. Always wear head & face protection, ear protection and your Kevlars in case something takes flight at you. Anticipate people who have no experience with the noise of one waking the dead turning white or yellow and running for it and that includes racers who only seen them from afar and only heard rumors about what the Quincy Flatheads are like! Other than that your motor will be a success and good luck with her, she is a beauty! :)