PDA

View Full Version : OMC 225 HP flywheel

inshoreracing
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
HI, I have a little problem.:confused:
On my racing engine, I use light flywheel, but today, the magnet for timing(not charging), is dead!!!
Have you a solution to change it.It seem it is the same like std flywheel...
thanks by advance

my boat....

Jeff Akers
05-08-2008, 10:37 AM
If you are talking about the "center" magnet I am not aware of any replacement on the market. You might ask over on Scream and Fly.com. The outer magnets can be changed with this kit though, BRP P/N 584304.

Are you sure that the "timing ring" on the center magnet hasn't just spun and is now out of time..?
I have been able to repair some that have done this.

PS: Nice boat ! :cool:

inshoreracing
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
yes I am sure, it is bad center magnet:when i put a metalic spare near the center, nothing....like if there is no magnet...
the boat is a molinari.it is an italian boat,It is a boat to race at the 24 hours of Rouen...very very hard race....I use this boat with 6"middle section with f1gearcase.....if you have a solution for me....

Jeff Akers
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I would suggest that you ask the same question here www.screamandfly.com
Sounds like you may need a new flywheel.
Good luck.

Bill Gohr
05-10-2008, 05:15 AM
What are the symptoms, we had the center magnets come off because they are glued on but I never had one go bad, do you have sensor output, will it not start, is it out of time, that is what a bad hub magnet will do, I may have a new hub for it, this is the flex flywheel or a 10amp, cast wheel?

inshoreracing
05-12-2008, 11:51 PM
hi,
when I put little metal spare, like a washer, it is not attract by the magnet...so not information to the trigger when the flywheel turn....
for the model, it is built with 3 parts, and I must use a little stator and another upper case..
if you want, I can send pics...

what do you thinks about that?
best regards
jm

Bill Gohr
05-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Take a pic, but if the center hub is bolted in it is the flex wheel, I should have one, so you're saying it doesn't even start? You have no sensor output

inshoreracing
05-13-2008, 05:44 AM
there is the pic of the center of flywheel....

whta do you think?it is the same spare you have?
spek soon
jm

Bill Gohr
05-13-2008, 02:22 PM
yep thats it

Rodney Nance
05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
You still need a new one but put that one in a oven at 150 degrees for several hours. We limped along with one by doing that for a couple of races in the old days.

Plan-b
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Sometimes magnets go dead like that after a impact... or drop... you actually might be able to get it "recharged" at an alternator shop or a place that does magnetos... depends on the materal the magnet is made of.