PDA

View Full Version : A boy and his toys....

Dave_E71
05-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Frank and I went to an Antique Outboard wet meet in Mays Landing, NJ today. No open exhaust (dagnabbit) so Frank had to display his loopers instead of running them, this was a mixed blessing as I didn't have to get wet :D I'll let Frank fill you all in on his "new" boat.

Frank and his toys

His restored C

His unrestored A

Dave_E71
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure I like that they're running stuff at an antique meet that I have raced.....

Other stuff

Franks C looper again

Sid-Son decal

D Stock on the Sid-Son

I really like British cars and big Healys are high on my favorites list

fbref5269
05-18-2008, 09:29 AM
hi all,

dave and i had a great time at the amoci meet yesterday. i came home with more than i took. there was a real nice sidson d hydro there i was looking at. as it turns out he had another one unrestored just sitting around. well i had space on the trailer and needed another hydro(the marchetti will be a major redo when i get it) so you do the math. here are a couple of pictures. now to the untrained eye the 'opening' in the nose would seem to be a hole, but it was a very earlly attempt of a deckcam. well it sounded good. enjoy the pictures. with dave and dave's help we might have it ready for a meet in st micheals md in june.

frank

mac19f
05-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I love the big Healeys too. Had a BJ8 for many years. Still have a complete engine and several other parts if you know of someone in need.

Original Looper 1
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
When talking about big boy toys, here's one worth mentioning. This is Dick Ollhoff's version of a Quincy XF 60 ci Looper. Dick took it upon himself to create this engine from the memory and history of Quincys past.

In my opinion, this is such a good copy of an original Quincy that to the untrained eye, this could easily be mistaken as an original Quincy Welding produced Looper.

Dick spent untold hours and money creating and producing this engine. He's told me that it is very reliable and runs on high grade gasoline. Dick has even recently sent me some photos of him running this engine at speed that I am going to post over at the Quincy Welding web site.

I consider this a very nice big boy toy, especially as the original XF 6-cylinder Loopers are very, very rare to find and becoming quite expensive to purchase (that is, if you can find someone willing to sell you one).

Here are 2 photos of the Olhoff 6-cylinder Looper engine that also appear on the QuincyLooperRacing.us web site.

thanks,
Paul

PS: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.

fbref5269
05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
paul,

the six is the granddaddy of them all. maybe some day.... until then one can only dream.

frank

ps.. hope sam can get the looper soundtrack to work. i want to use that as my sign on and off sound for my computer.