PDA

View Full Version : Anchorfast nails?

Dave_E71
05-18-2008, 09:31 PM
In view of my (our) upcoming Sid-son restoration. Does anybody know where I can get bronze anchorfast nails?

Thanks
Dave

denny henderson
05-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Dave,

I've had trouble finding the old Anchor Fast nails. They were perfect for boat building. Seems the only ring shank nails available these days are the thicker shanked ones with large heads, not good for boats.

You might try Aircraft Spruce East in Peachtree City, Ga. There phone number is 877- 477-7823. They sell aircraft nails.

Good Luck,
Denny

P.S. Are you still shooting Target?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
05-19-2008, 07:53 AM
This is kind of the wrong place to find boatnails. It should be shifted off to technical, general or the classified area where it would normally fit. There is nothing historical about ringed boat nails! :)

Joe Silvestri 36-S
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Dave,

I've had trouble finding the old Anchor Fast nails. They were perfect for boat building. Seems the only ring shank nails available these days are the thicker shanked ones with large heads, not good for boats.

You might try Aircraft Spruce East in Peachtree City, Ga. There phone number is 877- 477-7823. They sell aircraft nails.

Good Luck,
Denny

P.S. Are you still shooting Target?

Try Darell Sorenson, he still sells them to my knowledge.

Dave_E71
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
This is kind of the wrong place to find boatnails. It should be shifted off to technical, general or the classified area where it would normally fit. There is nothing historical about ringed boat nails! :)

Since they're being used to restore an old Sid and this is the Outboard History forum my thoughts were that this indeed would be the place to ask about them. If instead I was asking about 1/4" crown staples or kevlar, the stuff used building modern boats, I would agree that this might not be the best place to have posted that question.

To anyone else that needs bronze anchorfast nails for their restorations, there is a place here in Baltimore that makes them and they have 1/2", 3/4" and 1" for $18 a pound.

Thanks
Dave

Gstillwill
05-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I think it would be up to the Moderators to decide if this was in the wrong place seems to fit here fine.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I agree that it is always to the moderators and owners of the site. May they act accordingly as they do safeguard the quality of the site.

A/B Speedliner
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
We buy all our nails for building the Speedliners and Sid Craft runabouts from Jamestown Distributors in RI.
David Van Weele
www.aeroliner-boats.com

CSR4C
07-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I carry 15 x 5/8" boat nails, but I am almost out right now. They are not Anchor Fast brand with the anchor on the head. I will have more soon, I have to order 50# at a time to get the size I want.
Darrell Sorensen

RichardKCMo
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I have an old pro runabout ,60s , don't want to restore to as was condition but want to make it run as it did 1nce or better and only the deck is diff. than some newer ones. What type of fastners would one use on this ,new or old, it was built with the nails you speak of?
Reason i ask is no loose wood anywhere but some nail heads have backed out slightly.

I've looked at a lot of boats recently and know this can be done.
RichardKCMo