PDA

View Full Version : Resleeving a D Looper and other questions?

Dave_E71
05-26-2008, 09:10 PM
We need to get a D block resleeved, is this possible? I assume the sleeve(s) would need to be custom made?

A quart of oil to 5 gallons the correct mix and if so, is there any reason not to use the same castor/synthetic blend I use in my VRP and Rossis?

Thanks
Dave

John Schubert T*A*R*T
05-27-2008, 07:43 AM
We need to get a D block resleeved, is this possible? I assume the sleeve(s) would need to be custom made?

A quart of oil to 5 gallons the correct mix and if so, is there any reason not to use the same castor/synthetic blend I use in my VRP and Rossis?

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

Oil(castor or symthetic) ratio correct. Perhaps Dick Ohloff can help with the sleeves, but with the correct press fit, someone could install blank sleeves then cut the ports.

Dave_E71
05-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks John, I didn't want to ventilate a certain B Looper, again :D

Dave

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I was not that long ago that some one on this board advised racers to contact LA Sleeve for usable cast iron un-ported sleeves and I got 4 from them to use as I recall $80.00 a sleeve. The thing is that you still need a "good machine works" to take out the old, install the new and port them. A relative did them for me and sure others can too but Dick Olthoff is really the man and has the acclaimed reputation for doing par excellent work. Anyone who can recreate a Flathead six out of billet from scratch and then do all the reset to produce a new one is one remarkable machinist and machine works.

PS: The nikkelseal plant that did that process here 2 stroke cylinders for the racing 2 stroke industry has been shut down but not sure if it was mothballed or done away with.