PDA

View Full Version : All Marine Stockton, California : Lonnie Morris

Ron Hill
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
But I wanted to add All Marine to our "HALL of FAME".

Lonnie owns and operates All Marine in Stockton, California. Lonnie builds some great Mod motors...Lonnie's son, Ryan, works with the family. I know it is sometimes hard to run a family business. This year, Lonnie went to the Nationals at Whitney Point, because the rules required you to register and be there by Monday. Denice stayed in California to work until Wednesday.

She was not allowed to race her D Mod. I fully understand the MARINE BUSINESS, one week in the summer is busier than the months of December, January and February....

Lonnie won D Mod Runabout, in great style. He built several other engines that ran in D Mod hydro and runabout...

My hat is off to this team...

At the 2007 Nationals, I guess Lonnie was leading in D Mod Runabout after several restarts, but his engine's battery went dead and he failed to win. This year, in the first qualifier, he got wet down before the start and failed to start. He did win the second qualifier. He won the Championships with a first and a close second. I felt, but did not ask Lonnie, that he could have won both heats, but he only needed a second to win, and CHAMPIONS count points....

Lonnie's friends tossed his *** in the water...The OLD GUY in the orange shirt, Ken Christy, bossed the drencing, I took pictures...

Congratulations ALL MARINE RACING.....

RichardKCMo
08-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I asked at the home town festival last yr. , 1st mistake , had a band that was going to do Willie DUH , want to know what i did next???
Needless to say.
Anyways i guess i've painted a pic., no rembrandt here
I really like what i read on here.
Just Hanging 'round.
RichardKCMo.

RichardKCMo
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I wanted to say sounds good, to me.

ModGal
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Thank you Ron for your post.
I had a great time at at the stock/Mod nationals and wish I could have raced, but as you said, business had to come first. So, I sent our stronger half to Whitney Point to do the racing and I played pit crew once I got there.
I missed Lonnie getting thrown in, Thanks for posting the photos of it! :o

J-Dub
08-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Lonnie showed up to the Nationals not to race, but to give everyone a lesson on what lots of homework will do for you.
I only met Lonnie a couple years ago and have only gotten to know him better since. I don't care who I am racing against I do my best, but getting my A$$ handed to me like that by an absolute FIRST CLASS guy like Lonnie, makes ME proud to throw HIS A$$ in the drink!
Now a trip to Yelm is a must to give another couple lesson on the 1 1/4 mile and the 1 2/3 mile record coarses. Hell, throw a kilo run in the on the way home at D-Lake.

Great Job Lonnie!
J-Dub

Ron Hill
11-14-2008, 08:13 PM
We just received confirmation that Lonnie Morris as made it into the APBA Hall of Champions.

Great news for Lonnie and Denice Morris..