PDA

View Full Version : I Bought Rod Zapf A Cowling

Ron Hill
08-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Another Ron Hill contest....I bought this cowling for Rod Zapf BECAUSE he needed a cowling...

Ok..

1. How much did I pay for the cowling?

2. How much will he pay me for the cowling???

Stay tuned!!!

Not only do I have him a cowling, that he NEEDED, I have Extra stainless steel plates that I paid for....

Stay tuned...

capnzee
08-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Is the cowling complete? Will you post a picture taken from the front and both sides. Also a picture of the plate you are offering me would be appreciated. Capnzee

fyremanbill
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I might be interested in one of the extra plates.

Ron Hill
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
1. How much did I pay?

2. How much will Capnzee pay for the cowling???

capnzee
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
1. How much did I pay?

2. How much will Capnzee pay for the cowling???

1. not much

2.not mudh more

3. It is your bed time, what are you doing up at this late hour?:) capnzee

Ron Hill
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I find a CLASSIC plastic MOD VP Bridgeport cowling....and what does Capnzee need...More pictures, I on the other hand need a CHECK!!

Capnzze, the stainless plate on the broken cowling it the one you GET...I am keeping the other one for MYSELF.......to sell on E-Bay...

The blue stainless plate is MINE....The orange mold there will make you a front plate...

russhill
08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
First, real outboard racers don't use cowlings.

How much did Ron pay? Nothing, the owner probably paid Ron to take it away.

How much will Rod pay? That's a dumb question. Has he ever paid anything for anything? And this won't be a first. But the good news is that he'll keep the cowling for the rest of his life. And it wil be properly fondled and loved.

OK I win the contest--send me the prize money for the best answers.

fyremanbill
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
That blue plate and the cast one look like they are for the early model block with the large exhaust opening. Did you get into someones old tunnel boat race stuff?

capnzee
08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
First, real outboard racers don't use cowlings.

How much did Ron pay? Nothing, the owner probably paid Ron to take it away.

How much will Rod pay? That's a dumb question. Has he ever paid anything for anything? And this won't be a first. But the good news is that he'll keep the cowling for the rest of his life. And it wil be properly fondled and loved.

OK I win the contest--send me the prize money for the best answers.

You probably don't remember the JSR I bought from you 40 years ago! I paid cash on the spot! Capnzee PS would you remind your little brother to try spell check sometime. For a school teach--:)-never mind, but he did get after me for some of the typos on the 2008 poster.

Ron Hill
08-31-2008, 12:26 PM
OK, CAPNZEE, I got another cowling for you.....but you have to come and pick it up...This might need a little paint...

I also found a nice light front plate for the other cowling....

Maybe, I'll just put these cowlings on E-bay and find out what they are really worth...

capnzee
08-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Why don't you just deliver the cowlings and I'll take you and your friend out to dinner, that will be about 6 times in a row that I bought and should cover their cost . Or, I'll pick them up this week and give you a good check. :) PS: Have you finished the new super thin prop for THE INSTIGATOR ,# 88 Classic Mod VP boat, yet?

Ron Hill
09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Rod got a cowling for his motor...Got the spacer I WANTED.....But we are "SQAURED UP".....He did buy a set of 26 CC heads from me...

capnzee
09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
I now have a set of WH-15 carbs lined up, the boat is wired, seat is in, shifting mechanism is mounted, as is the throttle assembly. Decals will be on order today. Number 88, CAPNZEE'S INSTIGATOR, and Classic Mod V-P. Ready for testing by months end. How is your entry doing? At one time I heard you were going to have 3 entries in the Parker 300!!! Good Luck and Good Racing! Where are those boyz?? Maybe Tinker can get things together, he is looking for a ride! Capnzee

Ron Hill
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
There is a REAL THE INSTIGATOR on BRF....You talked to him about using his name on your boat???

Several instruction, before the race, if you plan to drive all day:

1. Be sure and chew your corn the night before....

I guess that is all you need to know...

2. Drain plugs..

capnzee
09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Mine will read Capnzee's Instigator--not to worry!:)If a 71 year old guy can't Iron man it for 300 miles he shouldn't be racing! Capnzee

capnzee
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
"The INSTIGATOR" is going in for decals and the Number 88 tomorrow morning!
The wiring is complete and all the idiot lights work as well as the foot operated trim! The flywheel is coming off and a right turning wheel is going on. Carbs are coming from Michigan and the check is in the mail! Hydraulic steering is in and waiting to be bled--I may beat the end of the month deadline for testing. How are Chad and Pat doing on their entry? Time to take a rest and go to Iowa for a week or so. :eek: Capnzee

capnzee
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
The 'INSTIGATOR" now has numbers, names, sponsors and is about to be weighed this afternoon. If I get the job done, I will post them. :) Capnzee

capnzee
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
The painter inadvertantly replaced the name "INSTIGATOR" with the word "INTIMIDATOR" so thats what it is. It is now CAPNZEES INTIMIDATOR ;)The number 88 and all else is ok and we be about ready to test! Capnzee