PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Overall Winner

Knuckle Head
10-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Congrats to John Lane & John Roth for the overall win!!!!!

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=550

MAXIMUS
10-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Bla Bla Bla... I think Don King was involved here!:eek:

Congrats guys. Very cool notch to put in the belt.:)

Congrats to Rod for putting together a nice working boat, Chad hill for always finishing well (even with his pet monkey co driver:D)

Good stuff. Can't wait for next year. I have all my fuel ready to go!:rolleyes:

Knuckle Head
10-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Maxi:
What happend to you? Your ride was not sounding very healthy at all:confused:

MAXIMUS
10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Maxi:
What happend to you? Your ride was not sounding very healthy at all:confused:

You know I haven't looked into that yet. It felt down on power every lap I made & was causing me to drag off the corners again. I had some problems with my distributor moving but fixed that or so I thought? I will investigate it this weekend. The motor is running fine at the moment. My 4 blade prop got tuned up into a 3 blade on the 6th lap & then to compensate for the missing blade it went ahead and put a nice offset in the prop shaft & relieved the end of the strut where the bushing is pressed in. The alternator blew apart from the bang as well as unidentified pieces floating around inside near the transom...:confused:

These heavy boats are very tuff on parts. I guess I am just to stubborn to give up. :mad:

So I will say.... NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGG!:D

Knuckle Head
10-27-2008, 09:46 AM
You know I haven't looked into that yet. It felt down on power every lap I made & was causing me to drag off the corners again. I had some problems with my distributor moving but fixed that or so I thought? I will investigate it this weekend. The motor is running fine at the moment. My 4 blade prop got tuned up into a 3 blade on the 6th lap & then to compensate for the missing blade it went ahead and put a nice offset in the prop shaft & relieved the end of the strut where the bushing is pressed in. The alternator blew apart from the bang as well as unidentified pieces floating around inside near the transom...:confused:

These heavy boats are very tuff on parts. I guess I am just to stubborn to give up. :mad:

So I will say.... NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGG!:D

Sorry to hear that. Well there is always next year and no matter what anyone says at least you were there competing :)

Ron Hill
10-27-2008, 10:38 AM
History is history...and John Lane and John Roth made history yesterday.... Economy is tuff right now, but 40 boats made the call...The ROD ZAPF handicaps give everyone one a chance, and the LAST MINUTE DIvision VVI rule was GREAT...No boats left behind...

EXCELLENT RUN...JOHN ROTH/JOHN LANE and crew....a well deserved victory!!!!

I'm calling for a THREE YEAR FREEZE on the rules...

El Hombre
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought one of the rules was that the prop shaft must remain parallel with the bottom of the boat at all times? Can someone clarify the rule. I know it had to be atleast 1in below in div III. In the pic of boat 48 he has alot of positive trim!

BADBLOWN572
10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm calling for a THREE YEAR FREEZE on the rules...

I disagree 100%. I didn't run this year because of the rules. :( It was my fault because I didn't I address it with Rod & Ross until it was too late to get anything put together, but in my eyes, we left a lot of boats out of the field. The boat that I was going to be running this year was one of my boats (DCM). 21' boat with a 509cid BBC & Bravo 1 Outdrive. On it's best day it will run 83mph. In the 2007 enduro, it was stated that Div. III was up to 525cid naturally aspirated. In this year's enduro, the only location that a BBC with an I/O was able to run was in Div. V. There was also no distinction between cubic inch, blown, etc... My boat, with 600h.p. would have to run with boats 2x its h.p.

If the boat would have fit into a lower division, we would have probably run the race. At the end of the day, we decided that it was not worth it for us to go out there and tear up our equipment, if we had no chance of being competitive. :(

BTW, congrats to the winners and to everyone who put on the race. I had a blast & was kicking myself every time a boat went by for not being out there running! Hopefully we can work something out for next year. :)

TimeTunnel
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
First let me say Thanks to all for the kind words. Jon Roth and I had a game plan and stuck to it. It was hard to believe that we were going to be competitive this year seeing the handicaps and those Nordic powerhouses. I truly thought a division 2, 5 or 6 boat would win this event. I should have known that the 555 team would bring their A game as well. After testing I had almost counted us out of the top five. It just goes to show that this is a race of attrition, skill and determination.

I would like to Thank the following:

Jon Roth (Co-Driver/Owner)
Jenni Lane (Scorer)
All the crew (Kim, Tim, Bill C., Rick, Denise, Denise Jr.(The Chief), Greg, Mark, Bill R. jr., John, Paul, Madison, Morgan and Megan) Great job guys and gals... Thanks!
John and Alan Stoker from John's Custom Marine for building one of the best performing boats on the market today. (Special thanks to Alan for the gearcase mods and trim tab tune up)
Laura, Bill, Rick and DD at Dick Sherrer Marine
Norso Lubricants
Ron Hill Thanks for letting us try your props and I still have your spark plug gaping tool:D which I promise to return.

Special thanks to all the event officials, volunteers competitors and sponsors, without you this race wouldn't be.

Sincerely Yours,

John Lane
Boat #48

rilo22
10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
moral support from tustin Bill Reiter sr.

fyremanbill
10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
I thought one of the rules was that the prop shaft must remain parallel with the bottom of the boat at all times? Can someone clarify the rule. I know it had to be atleast 1in below in div III. In the pic of boat 48 he has alot of positive trim!

The prop shaft height rule is measured with the shaft parallel to the bottom. The engine may be trimmed in or out but the engine cannot be lifted above the limit set in the rules.

Bigboy
08-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Is this a Stoker sst20?

What setup, how much hp and what speed?

The boat flies real nice in that pic:)

Bigboy
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Noone?:confused:

fyremanbill
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes, it is a Stoker. It's not my boat, but I think it had a stock SST120 powerhead on it, about 200hp.

Bigboy
09-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Yes, it is a Stoker. It's not my boat, but I think it had a stock SST120 powerhead on it, about 200hp.

Thx! Lovely boat!