PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new member Louie Baumann !!

WharfRat
04-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Welcome new member Louie Baumann !! I'm sure you'll know alot of the members here :)

Ron Hill
04-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Is this "LOUIE" or "LOUIE JR."....Seems to me either way, we should hear some good prop stories and see some cool pictures...even if they are "FLATS BOATS"....Thanks for joining....BRF will someday be the NRA of the Boat racing World...(I always think big...maybe "KING SIZE").....

Baumann Propellers.....I'm in awe!!!

Master Oil Racing Team
04-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Ron,

I was in awe at the Houston Boat Show when I saw Louie Baumann's booth. We had our racer's exhibit and Louie had his commercial exhibit. He made racing props, but it was his commercial business that paid the way. He had a brass prop, 30" or therabouts, that had run afoul of a reef or something. Came off of a tug or ???. The prop in the exhibit demonstrated the handicraft of Louie's shop. One blade was tarnished and bent over itself. It was curled up back to the hub. The next blade was straightened out with brass reenforcement and hammering in evidence. The third blade was polished out and looked brand new like it had never been on a boat.

Welcome Louie, long time no see.