PDA

View Full Version : grinding on midsection

Frank_King
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Have a 15" midsection, was wondering how to open exhaust. I am going to drill lower unit. was wondering if I need to hog out the part just above lower unit. this part is from a fishing motor

Fast Fred
12-27-2008, 06:21 AM
whats that ya got thare, that a two banger OMC ?:cool:

Danny Pigott
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Take out the inter chamber an reroute the water first.Cut pipe off about 6 inches or make new pipe, you can cut open exhaust in bottom of tower or side of unit.Just drilling the unit will only make noise.

Frank_King
12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
What I have here is a 2 banger omc.... on a 15" fishing motor midsection. was wondering how to make exhaust exit better. what I plan on doing is drilling holes in gearcase. What I have found is that drilling out gearcase just gives you the "sensation" of speed. Thats what I call it anyway "the sensation" of speed.
What my big plan is to install motor on scat cat.....

Hey Fred,
was interested in the carbs you have for 2 banger, but unsure of what needs to happen with boost ports and such to make motor "come alive"
Your input would be great... I have a newer 50 block I would like to install or have installed boost ports installed. Have crank sent to fix and maybe lighten????? any thought more than welcomed.....