PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Kuri

Miss BK
04-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Just last week my boys and I were talking about how much we miss Champboat/Formula One racer Carlos Kuri. Carlos retired after the 2003 season, after taking APBA US-1 High Points and the APBA National Championships.

On his website (www.carloskuri.com) he wrote a touching farewell to all his fans and fellow competitors.

He always had special gifts for the children who gathered around his "Telmex" racer. Kuri comic books and origami tunnel boats and many other special "prizes" like hats and key chains. They couldn't wait to see him at the races, and they'll now remember Carlos forever.

And most males will probably remember his mini-skirted "models" who surrounded his boat at every photo op. You couldn't miss the Telmex team! His team was always donned in matching, pressed uniforms and the pit parties he produced were full of cheer, laughter, souvenirs, great Mexican food, vibrant music (guests were never left without a little tequila in their souvenir shot glasses!). Everything Carlos did was first class.

I just found this article about his uncle, Carlos Slim, and see he just walked away with a 1.7 billion dollar stock winfall. Yes....that's billion. I sure hope this means that Carlos Kuri and his Telmex team will be back on the Champ circuit in 2005???? Is there any hope?

http://www.forbes.com/business/2005/04/11/cx_de_0411vz.html

http://www.carloskuri.com/galeria/0251.jpg

vrunner79
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Well: here is Carlos Kuri, driving his inflatable, back in 1986 (if I`m not wrong)
going up the rapids of the Usumacinta river, when he enter the "Maratòn del Rio Usumacinta-Grijalva" (Usumacinta-Grijalva rivers Marathon), many times Champion in his class.

Everything you said about Carlos is true, fine fellow...

I hope some day we can see him, driving again..

Miss BK
08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Hard to believe that many years have passed. We still miss him just as much...

Thanks for the pictures vrunner!