PDA

View Full Version : Formula 100 T2x mystery boat

brichter
01-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I was going through some of Dad's old pics, Brought back a lot of memories but I can't seem to remember who drove boat 244 in the picture... wonder if anyone can remember who this is. Most likely a region 7 or 8 driver...Looks like a broughton with a T2X.....
Any info appreciated.

MN1
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
For some reason Ohio comes to mind. I don't know who it is either. Looks like your dad was doing crash boat time for that photo. Would that be Danville, IL?
Mark N

MN1
01-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Does Jerry Gwinn (sp) sound right? If not it could be one of the guys from TN or KY.
Mark N

brichter
01-10-2009, 07:50 AM
I am not sure, Jerry Gwinn doesn't ring a bell, I thought the race was possibly Oregon, Illinois.
I thought the boat kind of looked like Buddy Wright's old kramer but I don't think it is.
Here is another shot, Dad is in the second boat (sorry about the poor quality picture). Paint job on the Burgess dates the to 1979 or '90 I think..

brichter
07-07-2016, 11:38 AM
For some reason Ohio comes to mind. I don't know who it is either. Looks like your dad was doing crash boat time for that photo. Would that be Danville, IL?
Mark N

Now I remember!!! Something triggered an epiphany.....Funny how the mind works. I was in the crash boat and took the picture. The driver is Gary Duncanson from Minnesota TCPBA.
I am not sure of the race site though but it was in Minnesota, perhaps White Bear Lake(?).
Interestingly, the crash boat TCPBA used at that time was made from a Hydrostream Puma tunnel boat bottom.

largecar91
07-08-2016, 05:21 AM
It sure looks like a Broughton. Here was mine with a T2.