PDA

View Full Version : Everybody know's who, but.....

oldalkydriver
04-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Everyone knows who's boat, but the question is where?

oldalkydriver
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's a little color.

Jeff Lytle
04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
What's with the tower??

Ron Hill
04-20-2005, 05:53 PM
What's with the tower???

HUH??

That is a Mercury tower, that Lon Stevens modified, beefed up, and redesigned for a Konig foot. I had one for my C KONIG and one for my D KONIG...Beautiful welding and machine job by Lon, as was all his work...true art...

I never like the Konig towers, as they put the motor (Gearcase/foot) too close to the boat, I liked "SET BACK" and the easiest way was with the Merc set up, plus it was easy to change the egine from boat to boat and also, I could change the engine height in a FLASH,,,,

44-C Rinker was Joe Schulte's, but don't recall him running C Runabout with I ran my Konig stuff...The Bardahl Banner was put up by me....So, I'll guess Topock, Winternationals, 1969.

The guy is the straw hat is Bill Bremmerman...

That guy in the striped shirt is me...Ted May hydro.

oldalkydriver
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Ron,

The only class you didn't run was 'M' Hydro! Does that help?

Ron Hill
04-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I liked racing every class, that way, I never had to do anything to the boats and motors...I could just yell at my crew....which were quite use to me yelling..I'm a good yeller...No one ever took my yelling seriously....but I usually felt better...

Looks like Long Beach, but never remember running Long Beach with the clock in the middle of the front straightaway...If it ain't Long Beach, it has to be Lake Carl Pleasant, in Phoenix, but it doesn't look like Phoenix sand!!! It is SCOA's clock, as I helped build it...We ran the clock with a Mark 30-H/Mark 55-H gilmer belt (The belt that ran the mags...) and a BAR-B-Q spit electric motor... Troublw was we always had a 50 second clock....not 60...Which screwed Californian's timing up when they went east...

The clock hand only had half a arrow head at the top...I wanted a clock so when you no longer saw orange at the top, by the hand, you knew you were legal...and my OLD MAN had the selenoid, working perfect with the camera...He'd take pictures of the clock hand to check it out...

Oh, those were the days when the club patrol boat had a 25 Merc ELECTRIC STARTER motor.....

Thanks for posting the pictures, MIKE...

Dig out more F Runabout stuff...

mercguy
04-22-2005, 06:50 PM
I liked racing every class, that way, I never had to do anything to the boats and motors...I could just yell at my crew....which were quite use to me yelling..I'm a good yeller...No one ever took my yelling seriously....but I usually felt better...

Looks like Long Beach, but never remember running Long Beach with the clock in the middle of the front straightaway...If it ain't Long Beach, it has to be Lake Carl Pleasant, in Phoenix, but it doesn't look like Phoenix sand!!! It is SCOA's clock, as I helped build it...We ran the clock with a Mark 30-H/Mark 55-H gilmer belt (The belt that ran the mags...) and a BAR-B-Q spit electric motor... Troublw was we always had a 50 second clock....not 60...Which screwed Californian's timing up when they went east...

The clock hand only had half a arrow head at the top...I wanted a clock so when you no longer saw orange at the top, by the hand, you knew you were legal...and my OLD MAN had the selenoid, working perfect with the camera...He'd take pictures of the clock hand to check it out...

Oh, those were the days when the club patrol boat had a 25 Merc ELECTRIC STARTER motor.....

Thanks for posting the pictures, MIKE...

Dig out more F Runabout stuff...

Ron, as soon as I get caught up with my racing equipment (ya right!), this will be SCOA's new tow boat. It is a Tigershark 1100i. I have some minor work to do on the engine (OMC Ficht powered........the problem!) and a new paint job. Ya think you can handle it?????????? It is electric start!! ;)

Ron Hill
04-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I handled that BIG, POWERFUL 15 HP Johnson at the Winter Nationals...A frigging JEt will be a piece of cake...

Hey, can I borrow this to run the Parker 500? Rumor is: There will be a 500 MILE PWC MARATHON on Sum=nday, the day after the Parker 300, the first weekend in October...

If you will really run your ski boat in the Parker 300, I supply us with a powerhead, gearcase, and spare gearcase and props...two rules...I get to drive for awhile and a forgot the second rule..

You going to Parker???

I've got Dave Mayer signed up for Indio...His grand son will run 20 SS Hydro...

Maybe, I'll come to Indio on Sunday, Broc's birthday party is Saturday!!!! With invited like the attached, you know dad will be there!!!

We're re3nting Duffies (Electric boats, we've rented three, having a scavenger hunt in the harbor)...and cruising the harbor!!!!

mercguy
04-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I handled that BIG, POWERFUL 15 HP Johnson at the Winter Nationals...A frigging JEt will be a piece of cake...

Hey, can I borrow this to run the Parker 500? Rumor is: There will be a 500 MILE PWC MARATHON on Sum=nday, the day after the Parker 300, the first weekend in October...

If you will really run your ski boat in the Parker 300, I supply us with a powerhead, gearcase, and spare gearcase and props...two rules...I get to drive for awhile and a forgot the second rule..

You going to Parker???

I've got Dave Mayer signed up for Indio...His grand son will run 20 SS Hydro...

Maybe, I'll come to Indio on Sunday, Broc's birthday party is Saturday!!!! With invited like the attached, you know dad will be there!!!

We're re3nting Duffies (Electric boats, we've rented three, having a scavenger hunt in the harbor)...and cruising the harbor!!!!

hey Ron, this frikkin' jet has 120hp, not no measy 15hp! Now, when is that Parker 300? If I do get the PWC done, you are welcome to use it, except I do not have a trailer, but if I do get it runnin' by then, I would buy a new trailer for it. BUT, it will also fit inside my new race trailer also.

I do not think my ski boat would last very long in the marathon, as it DEFINATELY is not a very COMFORTABLE rough water boat.

Yep, I will be leavin' for Parker around 2am. Ya know Gary is plannin' a pool party after we get done racin' on Saturday at his place.......hopefully the weather cooperates.

AWESOME you gettin' another 20SSH driver! Do ya need equipment? If so, I gotcha covered!

well, I am gonna try and get some sleel now......... :confused: