PDA

View Full Version : Yamato PRO Tower ?

BRIAN HENDRICK
05-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I have had a early Yamato PRO tower/clamp assembly
under the bench for years, and recently went to put a Yamato PRO unit on it, and was surprised to find it does not even come close to mounting on.[the PRO has those large ears out both sides] So, were the first RB/C-5 towers with the PRO unit different from the later ones with the 'hatchet', or did they use an adapter plate ?
I do not have a hatchet here, but if it has a narrow four bolt
Konig style pattern, then that is what bolts on.
An adapter will be easy to make, but no reason to if it was not OEM.

Mark75H
05-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I have both types of Yamato alky foot. I'll take pics for you when I get a chance. I guess you are thinking your tower actually fits an early hatchet and not the earlier pointy foot? Is it cast or welded?

Mark75H
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Brian, I just looked thru the Yamato images on my computer ... and found there is a third foot type. Its a rear loader and has the ears at the top, but the front is a little more like the GRM nose above the bullet than a common Yamato alky rear loader.

Perhaps that is the tower you have. (Lower pic has an adapter because it is on a Merc, not on the Yamato tower it belongs on.)

BRIAN HENDRICK
05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
... and found there is a third foot type. Its a rear loader and has the ears at the top,.)

That is the lower unit[x2] I have, tail loaders, the 1st Yamato PRO unit, precedes the hatchet. It is commonly mistaken for an Eldridge, and vice-versa.
I have adds showing it and the hatchet under the RB/C-5s. My tower is all cast, not welded, but not like the one u show with the ears at the shaft c/l.
I will bring it out in the sun and take a pic, if the sun re-appears?.