2nd wire is yellow w/ grey
3rd wire is grey
etc...

top wire is yellow shows 7 volts on meter when key is off
2nd wire is yellow w/ grey shows 7 volts on meter when key is off

top wire is yellow shows 7 volts on meter when key is on
2nd wire is yellow w/ grey shows 7 volts on meter when key is on

question?
why does these wires show voltage when key is off?

why does these wires only show 7 volts when it should read 12 volts(or current battery voltage)?

I tested my battery and it is putting out full 12 volts, even shows that on the other terminal wires.

thanks in advance for any help

Fast Fred
06-08-2009, 03:45 AM
the power is ON, are you sure the key switch turns the power off, or just works the starter, can you shut the Moda down with the key?:cool:

river_ratj40
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
put a new rectifier on it and solved all the problems. i figure the old recrifier had some bad diodes inside.

tach wrks now too...

i know i havent built as many motas as you but everyone i have touched has had a rectifier problem. is there something i could be doing wrong or is that they are known to go bad?

thanks

Detroit Whitey
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
if your key isnt shuting the actual power off you`ll be replacing the rectifer again down the road.that theres the reason i gots me a power off switch on my 3 holer

river_ratj40
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
how do you have your on off switch. on the moto or in the boat?

Detroit Whitey
06-13-2009, 09:16 AM
I`ve got it on my battery box i use a battery on off switch mostly because i dont have a wiring harnes just start choke and kill :D

Fast Fred
06-13-2009, 01:30 PM
i gots even less, "fuel" for the Pump, and "fire" pulls in the starter:eek::eek::cool: i unhook the batt, can't find a switch i like:(

gimme Fuel, gimme Fire, Ya!:eek::cool: