PDA

View Full Version : Dick O'Dea

J. Sherlock
06-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Happy Birthday
You made this happen for us............

T2x
06-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Happy Birthday............. to the "King of Gasoline Alley".

T2x (Rich Luhrs)

John Schubert T*A*R*T
06-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Happy Birthday Dick. Rich Luhrs posted "King of Gasoline Alley"> Yeah and the others, Dick Simonek (splg) the balancing guy, Pappy Huff (splg) who mixed his fuel with a cigarette dangling from his mouth, and your friend with the pencil mustache who was the race car upholsterer who made our boat cockpit overs.

Master Oil Racing Team
06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
A late birthday greeting Dick. I cannot say how much I enjoyed visiting with you at DePue and hope to be able to again soon.

Ron Hill
04-03-2010, 08:14 AM
If you open the pictures, they should be in this order, and you will be able to follow the description.
Photo 1) Mercury 2.4 L Engine installed in Midget Race Car.
Photo 2) Picture of customers motor with B&M Supercharger installed. Cusomer rented dyno for the day. (Cannot state any results as to how it ran).
Photo 3) Second shot of Midget with outboard engine. Wing on the car. Taken inside shop.
Photo 4) Another picture of Midget race car with bendix fuel injection.
Photo 5, 6, and 7) Shots of Lou Cicconi race car engine. Note, belt driven ingnition system.
Photo 7) Picure of race car on trailer at Thompson Conneticut Speedway. Second picture. Outside shot of shop at Gasoline alley in Paterson NJ. (partial view).
Photo 8) Mercury V6 set up on Dyno with Hillborne fuel injection.
Photo 9) Mercury V6 fuel injected with 12 butterfly manifold. Owner Don Jenkinson.
Photo 10) Same engine, on work bench.
Sorry I didn't have a better photograph of the shop. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ron Hill
04-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Last one....

Thanks, Dick for sharing!

T2x
12-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Still "The Man".........

The prime example of the old axiom "Still Waters run deep."

jrome
12-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Dick i want to wish you a happy birthday.like wayne said it was great to see you in depue. I also want to wish you happy birthday from louis williams.i talked to him today said happy birthday.

Ron Hill
01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
As a kid, the name Dick O'Dea was always spoken in the Hill household with awe, but this picture of Dick O'Dea was my favorite picture of all times...

Master Oil Racing Team
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
That is a great picture Ron. And you are right about being in awe with Dick. And I thank you much for that link to Dick's homepage. I e mailed him and he said he still had more to add. There is much more to add about Dick than he has in print.

Ron Hill
12-09-2022, 01:19 PM
DickO'Dea.com is Dick's home page.

A Laser Boat number 20 with an Evinrude V6 engine built by Dick O'Dea.
Mike Quindazzi - He set a 5 mile Mod VP record on a 1 1/4 mile course at 68.524 mph on May 29,1983 with Boat # 20. He also won the short course nationals and the marathon nationals on Delta Lake in Rome, NY all in the year 1983.