PDA

View Full Version : Kay Harrison Seriously Injured

PROP RIDERS RACING
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Kay was seriously injured on Sunday while on a bike ride with his bicycling club when he hit something in the road which caused him to fly over the handlebars. He was wearing a helmet but still suffered a fractured skull with minor bleeding on brain, six broken bones in his face, broken scalpula, three broken ribs, lost some of his scalp and has alot of road rash. He was airlifted to a Cleveland area hospital where he is in ICU. He remains on a respirator and in a drug induced coma. The doctors do not believe he will need any surgery that everything will heal on its own once they can get him off the respirator. Needless to say he has a long road ahead of him. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and I will update as I receive more information.

Todd

Jeff Lytle
07-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Please everyone.........Please help support the Harrison family through this time and pray for Kay's recovery.

Please keep us apdated with any news Todd.

Master Oil Racing Team
07-07-2009, 06:20 AM
It's a good thing he WAS wearing his helmet. We'll keep Kay in our prayers, and thanks for letting us know Todd. Keep us updated and say Hi to Kay.

F-12
07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
We will keep him in our prayers..............

Gene East
07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Kay,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you buddy.

jrome
07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
KAY.Our prayers will be with you and your family.

Ron Hill
07-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I haven't seen any word on Kay, nothing on Hydroracer either...

PROP RIDERS RACING
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I SPOKE WITH ONE OF kAY'S DAUGHTERS A LITTLE WHILE AGO AND SHE SAID HE HAS BEEN OF THE VENTILATOR SINCE TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND IS BREATHING FINE ON HIS OWN. THE BRAIN SWELLING IS STILL A MAJOR CONCERN AS THERE HAS NOT BEEN MUCH PROGRESS THERE. RIGHT NOW EVERYTHING IS ON A WAIT AND SEE APPRAOCH.
HE IS IN CLEVELAND METRO ICU. HE CAN RECEIVE CARDS BUT NO FLOWERS.

I WILL POST MORE WHEN I KNOW MORE.

TODD

Master Oil Racing Team
07-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm hoping that no news is good news about Kay.

PROP RIDERS RACING
07-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I received a call from Kay a few minutes ago. It is the first time he has been able to put enough words together to talk on the phone. Although he still has a long way to go it is a major step in his recovery. He is still not ready to take calls but don't be suprised if he calls you if he is feeling up to it.

His first question to me was " are the engines ready for the Nationals". That did not surprise me at all.

More news when I have some.

Todd

Jeff Lytle
07-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Ahhhhh...........Boat racing therapy!

That's great news Todd, tell him I said hello.

PROP RIDERS RACING
08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I spoke to Kay tonight and he has made great progress in the last ten days. He was full of questions about the Nationals and he is setting his sights on going to Raleigh. He was transfered on Friday from the hospital to a rehabilitation clinic for further rehab therapy. I am not sure how long he will be there but if he keeps progressing as he has hopefully it will not be a long stay. He cannot receive phone calls at this time but he can receive flowers or cards to the following address:

Anchor Lodge
3756 W Erie Ave
Lorain, OH 44053

So keep the cards and letters coming as it really helps him in his recovery.

Todd