PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Birthday My Dear Friend"

dancrabt
07-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Paul,

There are not enough hours in a day or words in a book to describe the memories I have of growing up with you as a friend. Your dedication to the sport of outboard racing and the technology brought forth made a new era in outboards. I won't dwell upon the days in the shop or the testing that didn't always go the way it was planned at Lake X II,but the memories that will live forever in our hearts and mind of those wonderful days.

Thank you for being there and everything you have done for the sport and brotherhood.Happy Birthday Paul with many more to follow.

Your friend,:)

Master Oil Racing Team
07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Happy birthday Paul. I'll try to find time to send you some pics for your website that I haven't posted here. I look forward to your input after you take a look.

geodavid
07-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Paul,
Wishing you the best birthday ever! Hope you and Diane are celebrating!!!
alan

fbref5269
07-08-2009, 07:42 AM
paul,

happy birthday my friend. hope you are having a fun day. any day you talk about loopers is a fun day. hope you have many more.

frank

F-12
07-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Have a great one.

Master Oil Racing Team
07-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Charley...Gene....somebody...send me an E mail with cc to Paul. That sorry no good Hughes made changes to their e mail server again, and I can't get mail once more. I receive it, but can't open it. We spent several hours on the phone with Hughes over a period of days and they say it's not their problem, but it seems suspicious that every time they change something our E mail stops. We never even wanted Hughes. They just wormed their way in last year and we have had nothing but problems. So finally I had my son-in-law's computer friend set us back up with Outlook Express. However, it still links to Hughes. I can receive E mail and open it up once more, but I have tried a dozen times to send stuff out but I get a server rejection notice and the link is terminated. I have tried going through BRF e mail too and get the same message. Until I can get the computer guy back out, I thought maybe I could piggy back an e mail sent to me and Paul, and forward the attachments on to Paul. I'm pretty dumb about this kind of stuff so I don't know if I'm spitting in the wind, but thought it might be worth a try. My E mail is mort73@hughes.net. Beware anyone of thinking about using Hughes. DON'T!:mad:

ADD: Or better yet. Paul...send me a letter and I will reply with the photos.

F-12
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Done..............

Original Looper 1
07-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks to all of my good friends for wishing me a happy birthday. I received several phone calls and emails to boot.

The economy in FL is kind of tough right now. However, we still have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. So Diane and I spent part of the afternoon at the beach.

I thought you guys would enjoy some of the scenery that I was focused on today.

Hey, life ain't all bad!

Paul

Gene East
07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Happy Birthday Paul

I've been pretty busy today. My Daughter is in labor with her first baby.

If she hurries, you can share your birthday with my grandchild. We've got 2 hours and 10 minutes left

Bill Van Steenwyk
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Wayne:

Give me a call if you want and I will tell you about some internet options. I had the same problem as you being in a remote area, as you remember I discussed it with you. We have a wireless set up and have been very happy.

Bill Van

Jeff Lytle
07-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Happy birthday Paul!

Mark Suter
07-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Paul, Hope you had the happiest of birthdays and that you and Diane got to celebrate all day long! Thanks again to both of you for all of the hard work you have put into your website. It is a fabulous contribution to the sport of outboard racing and I'm sure your Dad would be very impressed with this "living" tribute to him. But thanks mostly for our friendship... I value that greatly. Here's wishing you many more Happy Birthdays.

Mark Suter

Master Oil Racing Team
07-09-2009, 05:29 AM
We have quick, quality internet service Bill. The problem is E mails after Hughes inserted itself into our system as the ip server or whatever its called. They obviously have some incapable people (or they are routing it through their communist chinese buddies). I'll try to get our tech guy to find and fix the problem today or tommorrow.

In the meantime....here are your photos Paul. Lift them off here if you can, and I will send these along with some others later.

ADD: I will post these over on the Konig thread in the encyclopedia as well. These were taken at Konig Motorenbau in Berlin in 1976.