PDA

View Full Version : Sst 45 ?

SUPERGLUE EXPRESS
09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Does Anybody Involved With Sst 45 Have The Knowledge To Let Me Know The Machining Instructions (or Pictures) To A Fishing Mid Section (or Exhaust Housing) To Make It APBA Legal ?

Kermit SST45
09-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Contact Pops Curtis in H.B.

PM Pops990, Ron Hill has his #.

Your motor will need to be a short shaft tower. Not to many of them around.

SUPERGLUE EXPRESS
09-09-2009, 10:40 PM
IT IS A SHORT SHAFT TOWER, AS FAR AS CONTACTING BC, BEEN THERE ! DONE THAT! ---NO RESULTS !!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR THE REPLY
Its very dificult to get help in san diego county, not to many boat racers ! no APBA associated clubs !

Ron Hill
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Post a picture of your mid section. Bill Curtis has cut about 10 for me....I have several that are 45 ready, I could trade you for your un-cut one plus whatever Bill charged me...

Bill's e-mail is boat990@aol.com are you sure you contacted him? He helps everyone in Region 11 and 12......and has for about 20 years!

SUPERGLUE EXPRESS
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I Talked To Him At The Long Beach Race, I E-mailed At The Right Address, .......about 2+ Weeks Ago....
I Am Looking For Machining Instructions Because I Have A Local Machinist Who Tells Me He Can Do It (he Owes Me Money From A Previous Bushing Job)
I Am Also Looking For A Complete Motor Hanging Bracket Assembly, Do You Have Anything ?

Thanks For The Reply, Ron

Patrick

Pop990
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I try to share anything that I know about 45s , especially to new people. Any one can call me at any time and I will try to be of help.The only way that Kevin and I are able to race once in a while is by me doing some work for other racers who are always very generous. One of the things I do is machine work (I was a toolmaker 50 years). I only charge 100.00 to make the short fishing tower into a 45. There are 8 operations, so most people think it is a fair price. I will loan you an old broken one if you want your friend to copy it. Sorry I took so long to give you an answer. Bill

SUPERGLUE EXPRESS
09-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi BILL
I know your reputation, (since I was racing more than 20+ years ago) and I can tell that you will be the first to consult when I need some work or advise ! , I know 100.00 is a very fair price , the reason I want this guy (he his not my friend ) to do it, is because he owes me money from a job I paid him too much and he only half completed it, and that’s the only way I am going to get my money back. Would pictures be sufficient to do this ? (or can you bring the broken piece to the unlimited race ? )
Thank you for your response, I figured you probably where busy or something………………

Patrick V. Scott

Pop990
09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
will bring to SD

SUPERGLUE EXPRESS
09-11-2009, 01:27 PM
thank You !