PDA

View Full Version : Our pump gas of the future

Tomtall
09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
The follow statements were on line when I was looking at some stock market reports awhile back. At the rate the fuel companies are saying the ethanol increase is going to occur you had better figure race fuel into you yearly race budget starting soon. Our engines will run like crap on this junk they plane on selling and you might as well throw fuel testing out the window. I recently tested a racers "Speedway" brand gasoline here in Michigan with my Digitron fuel tester and it read +175 !!!! That's a lot higher than the + 55 to +75 we have been getting for fuel with 10% advertised ethanol. Be aware of what your running because soon you will be destroying your engines with this junk.

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM 29.20, -1.19, -3.91%) said Tuesday they expect the U.S. to raise their ethanol mix with gasoline to at least 12% in 2010. Currently the Environmental Protection Agency is reviewing an application to increase ethanol's share of the blended fuel to 15%, with a response likely to come Dec. 1, said Archer Daniels Chairman and Chief Executive Patricia Woertz. "Even if it does not respond to go all the way to 15, it's our expectation, or hope, that E12...is one of the likely outcomes," she said on a post-earnings call. Archer Daniel produces corn-based ethanol, which is mixed in with gasoline to help reduce the use of fossil fuels. The company is opening two new ethanol plants in Nebraska and Iowa over the next year.

They are going to have to increase it by 1% a year for the next decade because by 2022 we are required by law to blend in 36 billion gallons of ethanol into our fuel. With the new fuel economy standards that could well require s 25% mix! So be sure to buy a vehicle that is capable of using E85.