PDA

View Full Version : my 1983 Krier

Randy Aveline
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
i won the AOF Dmr class with a mod 55-H with this boat in 86 .
I was winning in 89 when i broke a prop shaft and lost my 76 MPH Prop @ lake Buhlow in Pineville when the color picture was taken !

the Black and white picture was in the APBA nationals at Soddy DaiseyTennesse in 1985

included were Mike Obrien 34-H and Burt Hoefs , that pic was also published in the 87 Nationals Program

the V-7 boat pictured was a sister ship copy Krier had made of my boat, for Burt Hoefs, but it never did as well as mine

bandit
10-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Young Bert Beat you by how much you say.???
RichardKCMo.

i won the AOF Dmr class with a mod 55-H with this boat in 86 .
I was winning in 89 when i broke a prop shaft and lost my 76 MPH Prop @ lake Buhlow in Pineville when the color picture was taken !

the Black and white picture was in the APBA nationals at Soddy DaiseyTennesse in 1985

included were Mike Obrien 34-H and Burt Hoefs , that pic was also published in the 87 Nationals Program

the V-7 boat pictured was a sister ship copy Krier had made of my boat, for Burt Hoefs, but it never did as well as mine

Randy Aveline
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Richard

to my knowledge burt never did beat me in my 1983 Krier Runabout , nor did he ever beat my father in his warren runabout !!

yes he got beat by both Father and son lolol

he gave it 1 hell of a try tho

dad "dick aveline" ran the same engine i had in the mid and late 1960's it ran 68 to 70 MPH , i rebuilt it with an O'Brien exhaust and took it over size due to a grove in 1 cylinder and had it running 76 mph on my runabout and 85 mph on my 12'6" Pugh Hydro, in 1989 lol Progress and some newer Prop tech helped a lot :p:D;)

but we can't be resting on our laurels lol!
it is now 2009 and working on 2010 a new day is dawning! good luck and have fun to all

i hope ta see ya:ll at the races in 2010