PDA

View Full Version : Rob Wood V8 F1 Velden

advantage marine
12-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi Guys, I have just been given the jod to restore the Velden that Rob Wood won the Canadian Champs back in the late 80s early 90s. It was supposed to originally be Cees' development boat, it has a cell , hydraulic steering,power assisted , removable sponsons, not a traditional transom, aV8 EFI engine. I would really appreciate any photos or links on this beautfull peace of history. Regards Don Mcclymont . Australia.

Ron Hill
12-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Contact me at ronhill@hillmarine.com and I'll give you Benny's e-mail. Benney owned the molds for the V-8 Veldens the last I heard...Ben's V-8 won the APBA Nationals in Kankakee, Illinois, in Mod U almost every year he ran!

mitchell
02-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys, I have just been given the jod to restore the Velden that Rob Wood won the Canadian Champs back in the late 80s early 90s. It was supposed to originally be Cees' development boat, it has a cell , hydraulic steering,power assisted , removable sponsons, not a traditional transom, aV8 EFI engine. I would really appreciate any photos or links on this beautfull peace of history. Regards Don Mcclymont . Australia.

I can probably get a hold of some of those for you. I know this message was a long time ago, so if you are still looking let me know.

Melissa (Robs Sister)

advantage marine
02-17-2011, 03:47 AM
melissa, hi. thanks for the reply. I would love some photos if you have some. could you email them to me, dmcclymont@optushome.com.au or let me know of another way. I look forward to your reply. thanks Don.

peterse90
02-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Rob Scythes did quite a bit of work on that boat when Rob Wood had it.
I just talked with Rob Scythes and he has some pictures of when he was working on it (about 1990) but Rob doesn't have a scanner.
I will try to get over to Rob's in the next few days a get the pictures and scan/send them to you.

peterse90
02-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Rob Scythes worked on the boat in 1991.
Rob recorded this number; 84-11 on the back of his pictures guessing it was a hull number that Cees must have assigned this hull.

Rob seems to remember that the sponsons were connected to the main hull by about 18 bolts.

By the way, Rob Scythes does amazingly good work and has also built several of his own boats that he designs himself in addition to repairing other boats.

I will e-mail you these pictures so maybe you will have them with better resolution.
Please keep us posted with your restoration progress.

mitchell
06-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Sorry, I didn't find really any that were any good of that particular boat. But those pics aboove are awesome

sheuninck
06-16-2011, 11:02 AM
don't have a picture, but here is a couple videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJcXThUEDmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxW2tT_AFc