Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Thunder , Isleton, CA

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat races

We would love to support either, we have in the past 3 years attended at least 8 out of region races. We have never raced for the points, they always seem to accumulate in our favor, we race for the spirit of racing, family, cameraderie, fun and new and more competition. We would rather travel out of region to race against 6 or 7 other competitors than to stay at "Home" and race against the same competition. I am not intending to point any fingers or hurt any feelings, we just believe that more competition, not even necessarily better, keeps us hungry to improve, complacentcy in the enemy of progress and improvement.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker Hill View Post
    We would love to support either, we have in the past 3 years attended at least 8 out of region races. We have never raced for the points, they always seem to accumulate in our favor, we race for the spirit of racing, family, cameraderie, fun and new and more competition. We would rather travel out of region to race against 6 or 7 other competitors than to stay at "Home" and race against the same competition. I am not intending to point any fingers or hurt any feelings, we just believe that more competition, not even necessarily better, keeps us hungry to improve, complacentcy in the enemy of progress and improvement.
    Hey Bunker,

How about 12 or 13 other SST45's to race against? Lets get Marlee in a capsule boat with air and a radio. I know a certain Great Uncle that has one in my shop getting gel coated. I bet we could work him over easy enough for a donation since Chad is too big for those little boats anyway. You know that kid of yours is crazy about this boat racing stuff. Might as well make it as safe as possible. Besides someone needs to go out there and beat Jason Williams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rage28 View Post
    Hey Bunker,

How about 12 or 13 other SST45's to race against? Lets get Marlee in a capsule boat with air and a radio. I know a certain Great Uncle that has one in my shop getting gel coated. I bet we could work him over easy enough for a donation since Chad is too big for those little boats anyway. You now that kid of yours is crazy about this boat racing stuff. Might as well make it as safe as possible. Besides someone needs to go out that and beat Jason Williams.
    Heyyyyy......don't need a knee for a 45!!!! lol Scott I love that idea!!!! love ya!

Marlee Hill

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rilo22 View Post
    Dean, your memory is correct. 120 and 45sst voted togo to Iselton instead of lake ming.If I remeber correctly[AGE?] it will be a wfls series race.If Ross doesn't have an issue with it why should anyone else?

Bill Reiter sr.
    I totally agree Bill! and yes as a WFLS points race.
    BTW, there's talk that Chowchilla is on again for mid-July also.

Jim, the intention of my post was to make you aware that those of us who are involved actually do try to co-ordinate these schedules but sometimes there are tough choices and decisions that have to be made. As Bill said, the 45's & 120's made theirs. At least we made ours early in the year so everyone has plenty of time for planning/changing. I don't know what the CB's have chosen to do, they may leave it up to each individual team like last year.

I realize you're an opc member but the VP's are not runnin' at Isleton anyways. I didn't think they can run outside of R12, maybe my ignorance??? If they can race in R11, get your group together and think about Chowchilla in July. I'll help you guys contact the local club.

Dago fast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastest Lap Prize Delta Thunder-Isleton

$500.00 to be paid for fastest 45sst lap.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the COR boats invited ?
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Dago fast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default COR Boats at Isleton

Quote Originally Posted by ePerformanceMarine View Post
    Are the COR boats invited ?
    I don't have any knowledge of that discussion with CSA or the COR boat people.
    Would love to discuss that possibility for next year since the circular and sanction
    are already in place. Send a representative from your group or come up and scout
    it out for next year.

Jim Corsaut

Dago fast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry, don't know how to make it smaller

Quote Originally Posted by marinetech51@earthlink.net View Post
    I don't have any knowledge of that discussion with CSA or the COR boat people.
    Would love to discuss that possibility for next year since the circular and sanction
    are already in place. Send a representative from your group or come up and scout
    it out for next year.

Jim Corsaut
    Tryi clicking on file and then zoom and then zoom out..

Post Thanks / Like

Just booked us a room and coming to see people I haven't seen in years. I have to drive 10 hrs to get there, but I'm still a happy camper.

Thread Information